UK Indoor Trials Permanent Venue?

DynamixSkateparks

Me and a friend thought about this too but not enough people to come as Joseph says. If it was a skate park /dirt jumps with a trials bit on the back/side.. maybe enough riders then.

My friend recently opened his indoor skate park. Its not as busy as he would like I dont think and he allows scooter bmx and skateboards etc..

Its clear that a trials only park would not be profitable or even affordable unless you have a lot of cash to just throw into it regardless of what you get back.

Saying that though, I would like too see it happen.

Cheers

• Like 1

Also the fact that your in Newcastle is a hindrance..You are a long way from everyone :P

An indoor venue to me, is somewhere where you go when its to wet to ride outside. So your target audience is the the 100? riders from the north east? How many of them drive? So cut that 100 down to 50?

The sport just isn't big enough :(

• Like 1

If you're going for a large place then you won't really be able to fill it all up with trials parts, you could easily get away with just a quarter of it for trials.

Fill the rest up with some big ramps, a foam pit and a resin ramp maybe (is that what their called?) BMXers eat that shit up, so there will be tons of them there who would happily pay a fiver each for a whole day session.

That's the most realistic approach to an indoor trials arena I reckon.

If you're smart about how you lay it out, you can make an indoor skatepark/bmx park that is suitable for trials riders.

You can have a few extra fences and leave some of the sides of the ramps available for gaps and sidehops.

That'd make more sense for getting more people in there.

If you're smart about how you lay it out, you can make an indoor skatepark/bmx park that is suitable for trials riders.

You can have a few extra fences and leave some of the sides of the ramps available for gaps and sidehops.

Eugh that would be horrible crowded

• Like 2

Riding hoppy trials in a skatepark/where people are trying to ride park/street is generally a complete disaster. The majority of trials riders who ever ride in parks tend to be irritating little so-and-sos who are constantly in everyone's way and don't even realise 'cause they don't give much thought to anyone else trying to use the setup as they can't see the bigger picture lurking beyond the single gap/tap/etc that they're looking at during any given moment.

The Dynamix setup for the trials session Drummond ran a while back was a good start, though I'm aware that was in an area used for other activities the majority of the time. Something similar in a designated area (if there's space available, of course) with a bit more to it would be the best way to go about things, but yeah the location is going to be a bit of a pain for some people unless there are some decent events held there (think TartyDays etc)

^^^i agree, the first time I ever saw trials was in epic park in Mosley and it blew my mind. Set up right it would be one awesome place. The midlands might be a better location for people to travel (not just because I live there ;) ) old industrial units are cheap in the blackcountry