Dark Was The Night - Black Skye

Matthew62

Love it :) I'd probably be wanting to get rid of as many graphics as possible, but that's just me. Definitely looks great (Y)

Looked real dull without the Inspired graphics. Tempted by the new saddle as it's more subtle. I'd loose the logos off the rim in a heartbeat but I can't fault the wheels and there's not much out there in the way of 24" rims that I'd happily run. Also the same with tyre choice....and marker penned tyres looks balls.

The Kevlar seat would finish that off a treat (sick rhymes, bitch). It's surprising how much difference they make to a bike's looks!

Looks sweet in black though, and I actually quite like it with the graphics on there too.

Im'ma wait for them new lovely bars to become available and i'll probably get the pair. As soon as I pieced the bike back together the once loved paisley seat did look a little out of place.

I toyed with the graphic with a white stroke (with transparent centre) as per the new Skye and with a black stroked graphic (murder Inc) but that was a bit too subtle. Also the white stroke on the new Skye is nice as you can see the frame colour through, but in black it makes less sense so thought the white internal graphic was the most minimal and best looking approach for my bike.

Edited by Matthew62

I toyed with the graphic with a white stroke (with transparent centre) as per the new Skye and with a black stroked graphic (murder Inc) but that was a bit too subtle. Also the white stroke on the new Skye is nice as you can see the frame colour through, but in black it makes less sense so thought the white internal graphic was the most minimal and best looking approach for my bike.

Plus, someone had a spare set of graphics laying about. :wink:

As I've said it looks lovely, certainly the second best looking Skye out there!

...and no, I still haven't sorted mine yet. I'll get around to it in January at this rate!

Plus, someone had a spare set of graphics laying about. :wink:

As I've said it looks lovely, certainly the second best looking Skye out there!

...and no, I still haven't sorted mine yet. I'll get around to it in January at this rate!

That certainly helped in my decision. Coincidentally it did turn out to be the best option also (cheers for that).

Yeah, you're right Sam's red Skye is much nicer than both of ours :)

We'll have to have a spin when it's up and running. Might as well sort yourself out the steel axle in the downtime, can get on worry-free with mine now.

Yeah, you're right Sam's red Skye is much nicer than both of ours :)

We'll have to have a spin when it's up and running. Might as well sort yourself out the steel axle in the downtime, can get on worry-free with mine now.

Okay, so third best then!

Got on the phone to Hope and Tarty, seems I have to go through Inspired...I'll try and get on the line to them on Friday.

Okay, so third best then!

Got on the phone to Hope and Tarty, seems I have to go through Inspired...I'll try and get on the line to them on Friday.

Why? It's not an Inspired part. I can't remember if Hope won't deal with customers directly? I know there was some confusion when I got my steel one as they thought it was a warranty and I had to explain my first snapped one was replaced with an alloy one and that I just wanted to order a steel one instead. They're not under that impression with you are they?

Why? It's not an Inspired part. I can't remember if Hope won't deal with customers directly? I know there was some confusion when I got my steel one as they thought it was a warranty and I had to explain my first snapped one was replaced with an alloy one and that I just wanted to order a steel one instead. They're not under that impression with you are they?

The guy on the phone was a little confused by it. Maybe he thought I wanted a warrenty claim...Apparently the steel one doesn't have a part number and Hope made a small batch for Inspired. I'll call/email Inspired on Friday and see how I get on.

The guy on the phone was a little confused by it. Maybe he thought I wanted a warrenty claim...Apparently the steel one doesn't have a part number and Hope made a small batch for Inspired. I'll call/email Inspired on Friday and see how I get on.

Yeah just say you want it as an upgrade and you want to purchase one. If they think it's warranty (which they did with me) they would have happily supplied it in replacement for the alloy one but I asked to just purchase it. I spoke to a guy in person who said they'd made a bunch for Danny (and I think the new Skye) and they had a few left over.

Yeah just say you want it as an upgrade and you want to purchase one. If they think it's warranty (which they did with me) they would have happily supplied it in replacement for the alloy one but I asked to just purchase it. I spoke to a guy in person who said they'd made a bunch for Danny (and I think the new Skye) and they had a few left over.

I suspect calling from Hotlines might have an advantage!

Anyway, I've called again. Got a different guy on the phone and he managed to talk to someone who knew what I was talking about so it seems they'll be sending one out. Fingers and toes crossed.

I suspect calling from Hotlines might have an advantage!

Anyway, I've called again. Got a different guy on the phone and he managed to talk to someone who knew what I was talking about so it seems they'll be sending one out. Fingers and toes crossed.

Called from me ol' mobile telecommunications thing-a-majig.

Glad it's sorted. I imagine it'll be with you in no time. Mine came next day. There's quite a weight penalty to using it though, that sucka t'aint light.

Called from me ol' mobile telecommunications thing-a-majig.

Glad it's sorted. I imagine it'll be with you in no time. Mine came next day. There's quite a weight penalty to using it though, that sucka t'aint light.

I've got no paint on mine, should make up the deficit! :wink:

Digging that, looks way better than when I blacked up mine, I think it's the decals that do it for me.

mmmmmm

Yeah it definitely finished it off. Orange did an amazing job on it as well so it still looks 'factory' so to speak.

Have you got any pics of your Skye in it's current colour? The little flash of it from the vid with Joel looked awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

nice! most bikes i've seen are just ruined by a respray, but yours is far from that. looks like you know what your doing :)

Haha cheers. I always bought it knowing I'd do it at some point. Just wish I hadn't waited so long as I love the bike so much more now it's black. Also didn't help the frame and fork were a different shade of orange originally.

• Like 1