The under the influence thread

The_Zulu

I reckon you go to the wrong bar then. here we have proper metal/rock/mixed music bars, with proper drinks in Belfast

Trust me I don't... but it doesn't stop me acknowledging these places exist, or passing by them on the way to somewhere decent. There's no shortage of decent places in my city so I do okay. I was more generalising what a lot of people seem to be in to and what I've experienced when I was a bit younger and lesser informed (and am not keen to repeat, ever, again).

The last place I drank in, my girlfriends drink was served in a crystal martini glass set inside a bell jar that was full of smoke that had been produced by burning cloves..... a bit full on (i.e. poncy) I grant you but it's a far cry for a WKD blue and supermarket own brand vodka.

Ha, they're fairly serious. Might have to make a couple tonight. Not so many places to pick up Lillet though which makes it tricky.

I'm lucky to have an awesome independent off license (although calling them an off license sounds weird, I'm sure they'd prefer "alcohol boutique") near my office, and he keeps some in stock for me. I'm only on my second bottle of that ever though!

I'm lucky to have an awesome independent off license (although calling them an off license sounds weird, I'm sure they'd prefer "alcohol boutique") near my office, and he keeps some in stock for me. I'm only on my second bottle of that ever though!

Ah that's pretty good going. I was tempted to use a standard vermouth but it's not quote right. I've got quite a few "alcohol boutiques" near me :) but they only stocked Lillet Rouge the last time I was in....the travesty. There's a little French delicatessen around the corner that has it but they close by the time I get home from work.....I mean honestly, the things we have to endure.

What's the most you've got through in one sitting?

They tend to be something I move onto later on in an evening, when I'm a bit full from ale or something. We did get on them a little earlier on New Years eve though, although I have no idea how many were done. All I know is no-one else liked them, un-cultured wankers.

I feel like half the posts in here should be pinned up on the locals wall.

I also don't agree with those godawful alcopops, I stick to my bitter and laugh when I see people double my age drinking WKD / Smirnoff ice. It's embarrassing.

And as the not drinking to get f*cked, it's nice to let go every once in a while but I don't understand the people who do it 2/7 days of the week. It seems completely pointless.

Rant over;)

Do you lot like kopperberg ? I drank like 2 cans and was nearly sick from the sweetness

I'm not a great lover of it, as you said, it's far too sweet but I must admit the mixed berry one is very refreshing when ice cold at a barbecue or on a hot day, you'll soon find you've gone through a crate of six bottles

Alcohol is healthier

I guess because you do not drink alcohol to get less thirsty or get full, so you do not pay attention to those signal that much

I remember watching something on the discovery channel about the gallon of beer challenge vs the gallon of milk challenge (for all those unfamiliar you get a gallon of either liquid and 30 minutes to consume it.) more people finish the beer than the milk because beer digests faster than milk.

Hope this has been a wonderful insight :P

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hand to find this thread, I'm fairly hammered now, can't really see much, goood nikght alll.

xxxxxxxxxxx

This is great, talkingv to myself xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hand to find this thread, I'm fairly hammered now, can't really see much, goood nikght alll.

xxxxxxxxxxx

This is great, talkingv to myself xxxxxxxxxxxx

ease up on the shitty snapchats you douche!

• Like 1