Profile's In Trials ?

Trials-Mikey

so my echo sl packed in today and i am just thinking of what is the best option. I am in between buying a profile mini cassette hub and swapping my ffw to a screw on sprocket.i am just wondering on how well profile's last and how dependable they are. i know they are seen to be very good in the bmx world and would just like to know if they will do a better job than a sl ? thanks

michael

Edited by Trials-Mikey

Some people love them

Some people hate them

I'd give one a go for sure, but with upgraded springs and pawls (oddessy). Only 36h though annoyingly.

Primo springs/pawls fit - I didn't think Odyssey did as most of their hubs use a shit 3 pawl/C-ring spring setup?

Don't need to but it's considered a worthy upgrade, think it's only 9.99 for new springs and pawls. Makes them a lot louder too.

Still cheaper than a hope

http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/wheels-etc/bmx-axles-amp-drivers-etc/primo-mix-spring-pawl-kit/10187.shtml

Thanks I see where you are coming from but would I be able to run the profile for a while and then change to those pawls and springs,

Does anyone have an idea of how long a profile would last and how well it deals with rain

Thanks I see where you are coming from but would I be able to run the profile for a while and then change to those pawls and springs,

Does anyone have an idea of how long a profile would last and how well it deals with rain

I ran profile's all the time in trials, never had one problem. I run a Primo Re-mix on my BMX which is essentially exactly the same internals, had it for over 2 years, still runs like new. Just keep it clean and you'll be perfectly fine.

The Primo springs and pawls are a bit better than the standard Profile ones, the rest of the hub isn't ;) Profiles have more options that are relevant for the trials world too, whereas the Primo hubs tend to only be 14mm/9t.

You don't need to change them straight away, but when the springs/pawls in a Profile get damaged, the Primo ones are a quarter of the price but seem to perform just as well if not better.

The bearings are sealed so they'll deal with rain fine, but when it gets really wet just pull the driver out and clean it, degrease it all, relube and put back together.

The normal springs are fine but you may snap one after months of riding it as I heard a lot of people have that problem, probably due to how long they are. If you look at a spring on a hope they're pretty short, same as a freewheel. But the profile springs are really long