Hair Straightener Advice (no, seriously)

Sam Nichols

I'm sure you thought you'd seen it all on here, well, now you have. Yes, I am genuinely asking for some hair straightener advice.

My girlfriends birthday is coming up and amongst some other (more sentimental) gifts I want to get her a pair of GHD's. She's always wanted some and just after Christmas she hunted all over Guernsey for a pair but nowhere had them in stock.

I've found loads of places selling them so that's cool but I didn't realise there was a range, I thought they just did one type, doh!

Off the top of my head not many of you guys have hair long enough to straighten but I thought that maybe I could appeal to those of you who have girlfriends,wives, mistresses or effeminate friends. A little run down of which GHDs do what to hair might also help!!

Thanks in advance.

Let the piss taking commence...

Honestly the easiest way is to go into a Debenhams, other girl store, go to a lady who works there, tell her, that you have £x and you are looking for the best stuff you can get for your money. She should show that

I will ask my sister what she got, she got somekind of fancy good hairiron

What is GHD? So far I heard about GHB only

• Like 1

ceramic or ti surfaces, hottest one, biggest plates, some have a keratin or somting infusion gizmo, whatever flowery design. All will be well recieved ;)

Ti plates & three heat settings is king atm (Y)

My missus is mad for all that stuff

Edited by *gentlydoesit
  • Like 1

As a girl I'd say that she should be happy with any GHD hair straightener and you can't really go wrong with them. They're all quite high quality as far as I know. If you're feeling a bit unsure (I think you do), the best and safest choice would be one of these 1 2 3 depending on your budget. But if she has super long and/or thick hair, this one might be good as the plates are bigger or if her hair is really short, I'd probably choose this.

• Like 1

One bit of advice, after you've bought them ask her not to leave them on the floor where they can be stepped on. I've bought 3 pairs now, first was a present, second was to replace the first ones I stepped on... you get the picture.

• Like 2

Get them from Boots.

My mum bought a pair, paid a fortune for them from a well known site, I think it might have even been an Amazon reseller.

Anyway, she thought they were the bees knees.

My girlfriend came round a couple of weeks ago, getting ready in the morning mum asked if she could use her straighteners to save heating hers up.

Immediately realised her ones which she had for two years were fake. They feel identical, but mums hair take twenty minutes to straighten, Bethan's takes seconds.

The heat and the coating on genuine ones t the difference. Lots of companies but broke ones or new spare casings because they are available and fit cheap internals and plates then resell them as genuine.

• Like 1

My missus said if she has long hair get the wide plates if she's got short hair the standard plates.

if she may change to short hair at sime time just get standard plated ones.

best advice thou go to the ghd site and get the latest model in standard plates is always a winner.

Edited by dezmtber

My only bit of advice (missus isn't here to advise) is to get hold of the box of a really shit pair.

Such as http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4430243.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:11081198345|tsid:41370|cid:150016505|lid:47487298622|nw:g|crid:37690722305|rnd:15660500538968141409|dvc:c|adp:1o13

Then take the GHDs out and put them in that box for extra blowjob points.

• Like 5

I'd go with what UK hippy said, if you worked in a bike shop and a girl came in asking on what lights she should get her boyfriend, or what bike. You'd know a few questions that would narrow it down to the correct one right? Same thing for girls.

I haven't straightened my hair for over a year, but when I did I always used cheapo's so can't comment on the quality of them i'm afraid. Sisters always got on with them though x