Double Maggies or disc and Maggie

gale30jawa

Disc and Magura, but put Jitsie pads in the disc.

They make a disc feel as powerful and snappy as a Magura, but you get to enjoy the lush silence and modulation benefits of a disc.

It is a bit heavier, but not enough to be worth worrying about.

• Like 2

NOOO juicy 3 hs11!!!!!

NOO

I was on this way too, but hs11 is faar from hs33 and juicy 3 is weak, evern for a beginner like me

if disc, then shimano Deore minimum. if you prefer a brake that is on and off, then magura hs33 all the way

They make a disc feel as powerful and snappy as a Magura, but you get to enjoy the lush silence and modulation benefits of a disc.

This makes me excited as i've just ordered some! Wooo

I'm not normally the one to rave on about what set up I have atm and say it's the best thing since sliced bread then change my mind when I get something different but atm i'm running front disc and rear maggy and i'm genuinely in love. Apart from a bit of disc slipping it's all great. Not sure how I'd feel having to put twice as many rim grinds on, stopping everywhere with a honk killing pads etc.

Contaminate! Contaminate! Contaminate!

Yeah, fair point.

In terms of preference though, disc all the way. I don't manage to contaminate them enough for it to be a real concern for me, so that didn't even enter my mind :P

I'd have the same on the rear - potential contaminiation and all - if I could go longer than 5 minutes without bending a rear rotor :P

This, I always used to run dual maggie as I couldn't get a disc to work but running a 200mm rotor with Jitsie pads is unbelievable. Plus it means you can ride down hills!

EDIT: If you can't afford a Hope then try and source a 2nd hand Echo. Will be a lot cheaper and you can still use Jitsie pads.

shouldn't you try both and see what helps your riding the most? i find my confidence knowing how my discs behave lets me ride much better, i'd want that at a comp, and on the street...

gotcha, i presumed you were just swapping the set up on your yaabaa, the other bonus of discs is they make you appear smoother; the wheel/spoke flex can act as a compensator for minor f**k ups, and no magura noise makes it hard to work out what your doing with your brakes, giving the illusion of moar control.

• Like 1

Long story I am breaking my mod! That had duel Maggies so I have 2 hs 33 and 1 hs11 Maggie to use! Plus I have found a front and rear hydrologic disc brake! But only the street bike has duel disc mounts! So I am trying to figure out what to do with them all now

Edited by gale30jawa