Too Poor For A Brakes - Guillermo Marín

Guillermo Marin

Come on G, we've had the designated amount of negative replies for you to delete the vid and cut up your frame now.

Just as a side note, before you do throw your toys out of your pram. I actually really rather enjoyed your riding in this vid, it a huge progression so congratulations on that.

I might not be the only one, however I asked the mods to do it Matt.

While i agree with some of the things people have said in the past, it is verging on bullying the way people go about it with G. The joke is a little old now, its not really that funny, even more so when it is being repeated in every topic the guy makes.

He has every right to delete / remove his post if he so wishes, no-one really knows whats going on in the guys life, and its probably something totally non-bike related that is messing with his emotions, so for whatever reason I felt he needed to be given a bloody chance for once.

People make the comments then he deletes his topic, its a vicious cycle and if people want it to stop then sarcastic, witless comments to him isnt the way to go about it.

IMO this is a topic about his video, not his personality, so we should be commenting on that, not something totally unrelated.

• Like 9

While i agree with some of the things people have said in the past, it is verging on bullying the way people go about it with G. The joke is a little old now, its not really that funny, even more so when it is being repeated in every topic the guy makes.

He has every right to delete / remove his post if he so wishes, no-one really knows whats going on in the guys life, and its probably something totally non-bike related that is messing with his emotions, so for whatever reason I felt he needed to be given a bloody chance for once.

People make the comments then he deletes his topic, its a vicious cycle and if people want it to stop then sarcastic, witless comments to him isnt the way to go about it.

IMO this is a topic about his video, not his personality, so we should be commenting on that, not something totally unrelated.

To be fair, Matts comment was far more relevant to the video than mine was. Sure, it took some context of previous videos, but the point is that unfortunately G has decided to act the way he's acted and now he gets to deal with peoples reactions. It's not bullying, it's cause and effect. He's been asked before just to acknowledge the fact he was a bit of a dick in the past (for whatever reason, and I hope there's nothing massively awful going on in the guys life) so that it could be brushed under the carpet and we can get on with enjoying his videos. He's decided not to do that, and on many occasions thrown his toys out of the pram and asked for his account to be deleted or spammed the whole place because he can't deal with some constructive criticism (a la the first time it happened) or some observational comments about a previous issue (a la all the other times).

I hope this video stays up. I also hope G grows the f**k up and acknowledges that he's been a child on this forum for the past couple of years. He's not the only one on the receiving end of some shit on here, and most of the other people have been for less reasons.

• Like 2

That's fair enough. I'd like to think my comments didn't constitute bullying however. I don't think I've posted any remark to G before regarding the multiple videos of frame cutting I've seen…I'm not that interested to be truthful. I just saw the title of this video and along with the music it seemed to be painting a bit of a sob-story which I found irksome. I'm mildly aware of G's sensitivity in terms of removing videos, taking comments negatively but all I was remaking on was a video trying to make a point of being brakeless at the lack of funds for brakes when I've seen countless bikes destroyed, which would indicate the contrary. Just seemed a bit narcissistic to me.

I'm just not in to the idea of comments being overly censored due to a perceived negativity, as I don't go along with the whole "if you've got nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all". I didn't really have a positive comment to make, there was just my one opinion which I gave.

My comment was based on this video.

Just to everyone knows, i didnt pick on a particular person when i asked for the topic to be cleaned up. it was going off topic, the way it always does on here, and thought I'd try do my bit to rectify it.

Anyway, the mods decided whose posts got removed, and I agree with both yours and JD's comments. I know you like a discussion Matt, I'm not exactly known for my shy, introverted mentality, however sometimes I feel the need to help people a little, and in this case, negative comments, however constructive, arent working. unfortunately the 'tough love' approach does not work on all people, and from the way G has reacted on many occasions probably shows just how little it works with him.

In that scenario its about trying a different method. I didn't say lets all love and molly coddle him, just lets stop spraying weed killer on everything he does and let him flower (too much gardening...getting old...)

P.s. meant to add this - :)

@Vivian-Trial - thats not the right attitude either, and certainly doesnt help the situation.

Edited by ben_travis
  • Like 1

@JD i think you need to get laid. Shut up and move on.

Feel free to PM me if you want to carry that conversation on, because of what I'll say after the next quote.

Just to everyone knows, i didnt pick on a particular person when i asked for the topic to be cleaned up. it was going off topic, the way it always does on here, and thought I'd try do my bit to rectify it.

Anyway, the mods decided whose posts got removed, and I agree with both yours and JD's comments. I know you like a discussion Matt, I'm not exactly known for my shy, introverted mentality, however sometimes I feel the need to help people a little, and in this case, negative comments, however constructive, arent working. unfortunately the 'tough love' approach does not work on all people, and from the way G has reacted on many occasions probably shows just how little it works with him.

In that scenario its about trying a different method. I didn't say lets all love and molly coddle him, just lets stop spraying weed killer on everything he does and let him flower (too much gardening...getting old...)

P.s. meant to add this - :)

Nice clarity :) You're probably right about trying a different way with him. I'm still of the opinion he should have tried a different approach with 'us' as a community, but I can get on board with just leaving him to it.