Inspired Skye Pro Pics (my Spec)

JJ Leigh

Morning everyone, i didnt make a build thread so sorry for those thinking i would when i said "maybe" ;) , but um, here she is! think thats all i need to say for now, comments welcome :D .post-36107-0-53798600-1410244364_thumb.jpost-36107-0-16446100-1410244395_thumb.jpost-36107-0-93773900-1410244438_thumb.jpost-36107-0-23122800-1410244503_thumb.jpost-36107-0-17917900-1410244526_thumb.j

EDIT: and yes i will eventually sort the front hose out so it runs through the steerer :).

Edited by JJ Leigh
  • Like 6

Nice, brakes ok? might be regretting selling now, saints break easily.

yeah there totally fine man. thanks again! :)

That's really nice, but please fix that tensioner!

explain? im clueless when it comes to tensioners...

EDIT: ignore that i know what you mean! haha

i thought you were putting saint cranks on it?

i was buttttt..... got these instead :P. nah the saint cranks went up in price loads so got these, and to be honest they feel lovely anyway! i cant tell a difference between the saint and deore cranks really :)

Edit: I wouldn't bother with routing the cable through the steerer. It looks naff and seems a bit pointless to me :P

well if its out of the way then why not :P oh also the cable is a bit longer when not routed so it would take up less space around the handlebars :)

Edited by JJ Leigh

Looks really nice!

I personally think those cranks look a lot nicer than the saint cranks.

kinda the reason i got these, after not getting saints i was going to get SLX, but prefer the deores :)

also can anyone help me with something? ive changed the angle of the chain tensioner as its meant to be but when i do pedal hops + even bunny hops, it still looses tension because of the spring.... how do i sort this out? obviously putting power in makes the chain tight and thats basically when the sprung part of the tensioner moves. its the TrialTech Sport Sprung "Long". hope that makes sense and help would be much appreciated! :)

Only the newer 820s/640s. The 810s seem to hold up just fine.

untill they brake... then your screwed! think shimano have stopped making them now

• 4 weeks later...

With the Deore cranks, did you use two washers on the drive side of the BB and one on the non-drive side of the BB right? Did the chainring got clearence from the frame, or is just very near?

That's right yeah, 2 on the drive side and 1 on the non drive side :) any less meant the teeth would clip the frame by the tiniest bit (not even enough to get the paint off) butwe went with 2 on the drive side just to use them up as well as giving the sprocket more room. Straigtens the chain out too which is better! Never had a perfectly straight chain before! :) Edited by JJ Leigh