Brought not bought

dann2707

Is everyone trolling me here or has everyone missed the point that everyone else knows and agrees that "should of" is wrong? Fuuuuuuuuck.

f**k knows, I'm just in a very literal mood today. :lol:

Ahem...

• A lot, not alot.
  • There, their and they're.
  • Specifically pronounced Pacifically, like the ocean.
  • Your and you're.
  • One of my all time favourites... Chester drawers, from Chester presumably.
  • Less and fewer.
  • Who and whom.
  • Whether and weather.
  • Uninterested used instead of disinterested.
  • The concept of irony and coincidence.
  • Should have not should of.

Just a few off the top of my head.

• Like 2

"I wrote a story the other day in past tents." What a way with words some people have.

At a meeting recently I heard two good ones in quick fire succession: "I'm livid with such allegations, and think it of utmost importance that we speak with these alligators immediately... Sir, I've been informed of numerous consultations taking place, and would request to know who it is they have been consultating with."

Edited by OlegTinkov
  • Like 1

Do you feel the same about "I couldn't care less", Mark? Just out of interest, because that one seems fairly right to me. Obviously the one you put is awful.

Nah, because if you're saying "I couldn't care less about the name Jealousy" you're saying that it is the lowest it could possibly be. Saying "I could care less about the name Jealousy" implies there's still some way to go. The way that (primarily) Americans use the phrase "I could give a f**k" to imply they couldn't give a f**k is the worst.

Using "less" instead of "fewer" gets me going.

"there were less people here this time" That implies the same number of people were there, just less of them as if their limbs had fallen off or something.

Putting an "S" at the end of Tesco! "I'm of to Tescos" is wrong, the only time it works is if something belongs to Tesco. It's like saying "I'm off to Asdas" or "lets go clothes shopping at Tk Maxxs".

"I could care less" and all variations along that theme grind the f**k out of my gears.

f**k you, America. f**k you.

You know nothing Mark Westlake.

Went at it with my superior with this one. He just called me a grammar Natzi.