Temperature at work

Azarathal

As a customer I don't want to walk into a shop and look for a product when it's just as cold inside as it is out. As a manager i'd be concerned about the number of casual purchases that are being missed because people don't want to wander around and browse in the cold! She's got a shit attitude, you need to man up and layer up!

I put my hoody on for 10 minutes this afternoon because the door was left ajar and let all the heat from the central heating and the wood burner out. I could have cried. I would have complained to the manager, but I am the manager.

You have a few options really which come down to if you give a shit or not.

1. freeze and do your job

2. wrap up with a scarf, hat, thermal boots and wait till your manager questions it. If he does in public eye, a stern voice of "i'm cold and you have not provided with ppe".

3. go stand in a warm place and/ or get a tea every 30mins for 5 mins at a time. But inform someone you are doing so as to cover your back. It's health & safety requirement.

4. invest in thermal under clothes.

5. refuse to work under the conditions due to health and safety and you not feeling safe to do so, but are happy to if the company provides adequate measures for you to complete the job, ie. regular tea breaks or clothing.

All but option 1 & 4 will result in illegal disciplinary actions being taken against you. But no one will give a shit though. Least of all the retards who write the health and safety legistration.

Not without going in the panel, which unless you are a 17th edition electrician or suitably trained, happens to be highly illegal and may render you to disciplinary action. The alternative is to do it when no c**t is watching, and just shut the b*****d

• Like 2

I work 20 ft from our doors 5 evenings a week and it's not uncommon for the temperature to be around -15c to -25c by that time of night. I don't even taken any extra precautions. If 6c ever came along I'd probably be sweating.