Does anyone over 30 still ride trials :(

ChrisBrown81

Btw something that really caught me off guard about my new bike.....since when did freewheels get brought up front with the cranks?? I know I've been out the trials game for 16years but I've still been into mountain bikes, even did a couple of DH races last year but I've never seen anything like it till yesterday. Can someone explain why they do this now? Sorry I'm such a noob...

I'm 31 and love riding as much as ever, recently switched to a more streety set up.

The front freewheel thing is pretty specific to trials and tends to be on the seatless bikes rather than streety ones that usually use a freehub. If you've not had a front freewheel before then watch your trouser leg as it's easier to get it stuck in the chain as the chain is always moving.

I'm 31 and love riding as much as ever, recently switched to a more streety set up.

The front freewheel thing is pretty specific to trials and tends to be on the seatless bikes rather than streety ones that usually use a freehub. If you've not had a front freewheel before then watch your trouser leg as it's easier to get it stuck in the chain as the chain is always moving.

this. My favourite jeans were munched by my freewheel on Sunday, dontwear anything Baggy haha

As above it's a trials thing. If you really get into it it's worth upgrading the rear wheel to a Pro 2 for street and sticking a fixed sprocket on the cranks!

What discs has it got? £300 sounds a pretty decent price for a newish full build, especially when it's local!

It's only got some avid discs....a slight improvement on the standard V's I'd say! Well been out today and loved it!! After riding full sus or hardtail for the last few years, As couple of hours riding has really took it out of my wrists!! Haha... But I'm sure I'll get used to it! What I need now is to hook up with some better riders and progress my own abilities, then as I get better I'll start upgrading the bike.

Edited by ChrisBrown81

What model of avid discs?

Edit: never mind, I see they're bb7s. Nice find, it's a good ride!

I was happy for £300. I see her as a stepping stone to bigger and better things as I progress. The beauty of trials bikes as a whole is that they are relatively cheap and pretty simple...if the worst happens and something breaks. Now all I'm missing is some nice weather...and by nice just dry will do ..

Owned a montessa T15 in about 1982/3. One of the first (i think) trials specific bicycles.Packed in riding that and my Torker 280x freestyle bmx when i left school at sixteen because every body said it was kids stuff and gave me s**t.So i got rid but the bug never left me.

Then in 2011 i got myself a stock,i was 43. I am now pushing 47 and love it, love it, love it. Just wish i could ride more and get involved with group rides etc etc.

You have a few rocks in the park to play on :) Should come for a wee ride in Bradford at some point. Do you have Facebook?

Change the forks, bars and stem on that for something lighter and higher rise, such as a 90x35 stem, TT highrise or inspired arcades, and echo urbans or inspired forks. You won't half notice the difference

thanks for the tips! I was already looking at the forks (to be honest I just like the way the straight blades look

Would love to Luke.Problem is I had my bike stolen at the beginning of january.I am

just on with starting a 24 street build. But I would loveto meet up sometime.

That really sucks, a lad called Jake Wood who lives around the Cleckheaton area also got his bike(s) stolen last month! Hope you get the build done for summer, I have some parts kicking around send me a message with a list of bits you're looking for? :)

That really sucks, a lad called Jake Wood who lives around the Cleckheaton area also got his bike(s) stolen last month! Hope you get the build done for summer, I have some parts kicking around send me a message with a list of bits you're looking for? :)

All I have got so far is some inspired forks.so need everything really.pm me with what you've got luke with some prices.

I'm totally gutted, just got the bike how I wanted it, then the b*****ds stole it.

Cheers.lee