Ali C in Cardiff

Mark W

cheers Ross! That family was odd, the mother was taking photos and getting all flirty with Mark while her manfriend just stood by. Can't say I noticed where the kids hands had been but I feel I'd have had to take a hit in the line of duty anyway.

As Mark said, I really didn't enjoy my rear Hope, it worked pretty well with an after market rotor on, but I put a new 180mm trialzone rotor on a few days before the trip and it just never felt as good, I definitely didn't trust my life to it!

• Like 1

Ali how nasty was that flip? Looks like you'd have to bomb along, bunnyhop in then flip out all in a couple of seconds, doesn't look very steep/flip friendly either!

It's disappointing how little stuff there is out there that can truly be flipped, that place looks great though, if you're on that level!

Edited by LEON
  • Like 1

That's the thing - Ali fully had that flip, did a bunch of them absolutely perfectly to matts but with the constant hassle from the chavs who live in that estate and the fluctuating winds it just didn't come together. C'est la vie...

To echo Ali's sentiments, that was a bizarre family. Totally in there with the (I assume) mother too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

What do you do about chain tensioners etc.? I tried 22/16 the other day on the Arcade and had to run without the tensioners to get the chain on and so lost the ability to set the wheel position properly...

Little update here for anyone who's interested- Having messed around with BB/crank spacers I thought I'd have a play again with gearing and have found that 24:17 works out right between 22:15 and 22:16 and is perfect for the 365mm chainstay length. Bonus fact- JE James are still doing the 24T Raceface inner rings for £5.49.