Tarty Days Raw - Parts 1, 2 & 3

Mark W

As you can imagine after filming for an entire weekend there was a lot of footage sitting on my hard drive to cram into the Tarty Days 2015 video. Not all of it made the cut for various reasons, so instead of one long Extras video we'll be releasing a series of 3 'Raw' videos featuring groups of riders. First up is Nicolas Vallée, Vincent Hermance and Jack Carthy.

Some of the clips have been posted up on Facebook before as promo for the video, and some clips are from the video itself, but there's a lot of unseen footage in here too. I've included some clips of the riders doing pretty similar moves to each other as I thought some of you might like to see the slight differences in technique between them.

EDIT: 17/8/15

Here's part two with Ben Slinger, Joe Prattley, Gauvain Bourgeteau and Matt Arkwright :)

EDIT: 24/8/15

And the final part - Flipp, Aaron Browne, Euan Beaden and Ali C!

• Like 5

Are those Breath bars Carthy's using? I've seen a few people mention it, but as far as I knew he was running Trialtech High Rise bars. He's definitely been running them for the past few years, so - especially now he's sponsored by Trialtech - it seems like it'd be odd he'd switch to Breath.

The Jitsie outfit stuff is a bit marmite I guess - some people really like the 'factory' look, some people don't. At least they use pretty normal cuts rather than going full skinsuit like Gilles/Giaco. We don't need to return to those days...

Props to the French, on video you can fault their style but in person it's really good to watch, both can go big and both make a lot of stuff look easy.

Jack does just make everything look like warm up, English style shines once again.

https://instagram.com/p/l4vtpMInBU/?taken-by=zoot_alors

• Like 1

Yup Carthy is deffo on Breath bars if you can notice it in a lot of pics/videos. Amazing riding from all 3 of them!Nico is seriously improving loads! Love watching all 3 of them go for moves then jack makes it look effortless. But its odd because seen as though carthy started the rolled bar trend he has now brought his back... so has gilles and dave kerr ;) "awaits for every rider to roll bars back "

Edited by AndeeeMK2

Yup Carthy is deffo on Breath bars if you can notice it in a lot of pics/videos. Amazing riding from all 3 of them!Nico is seriously improving loads! Love watching all 3 of them go for moves then jack makes it look effortless. But its odd because seen as though carthy started the rolled bar trend he has now brought his back... so has gilles and dave kerr ;) "awaits for every rider to roll bars back "

They saw Damon's "Level 1" video and rolled their bars back!

Yeah, I hadn't clocked the "to front" percentages until someone mentioned it on OTN. Ben and Matt were sessioning that kind of stuff together, so that's why there seem to be a disproportionate amount of them in there.

I think Slinger's using Cousts.