Compoootah halp.

Tom Booth

Before I launch into this and thoroughly make a mess I just thought I'd ask, it makes sence in my head but not sure if it's possible.

I bought a Linx Windows tablet to use for my business, I need to install a program onto there for paint mixing. The program is on disc and obviously the tablet doesn't have a CD drive. If I connect my the tablet to a laptop via usb, and install the program to the relevant location (F: or E: or whatever it is) will the program run or will I fail? 

I did consider copy and pasting the files from the laptops program file onto a memory stick then copy and paste onto the tablet, but pretty certain that doesn't work?

I've done my googling and discovered if I copy and paste from the CD staright onto a ish drive it'll carry all installation files.

I did that, just inserted the usb drive into the tablet and it began installing, then reached a point saying 'SSQ reader unavailable, update via the internet'. So I did just that and its a winner! Fired up straight away!

It is upgradable but the software I need doesn't agree with W10 for whatever reason. 

JD, the program was a paint mixing scheme, just a massive database of colours then the relevant weights and information needed to mix them. I don't have the space/need for a full laptop so a wall mounted 10" tablet does everything I need. Plus having the SD slot makes keeping reference pictures and progress pictures nice and easy to keep up to date.