Dj Ride Abingdon 2007 (pre 24")

Davetrials

12 minutes ago, ben_travis said:

Dave, wtf kind of ab routine did you do back then? Are you still ripped as fook? Seeing as you appear to have 12 - 14 ab muscles, can you lend me some? 

RIP DJ!

Lol. I've lost a bit of muscle mass and definition but not much which is quite impressive considering i'm now 36 and hardly ride anymore! Only ever rode bikes and still never set foot in a gym!

• Like 2

Really enjoyed that trip down memory lane! I loved the two pallets against the upturned skip session some class moves going on there!

My heart sank a bit when the riders were riding past saying their name and Andy Hill came along made me a bit sad that one.

• Like 4

Those were good times, even if the reason behind it was the total opposite.  The principle of those rides clearly worked though - using DJ's passing as a way to bring people together and remember his life in a fun way. 

Always got there in such weird ways too.  Not having a car back then and people seemingly being really happy to go well out of their way to pick people up led to some interesting times.  Pre-SM SM/Mods/Admin group car sharing, being picked up by Rich Pearson from a random train station car park, Tom Chilvers de-touring through London...

• Like 2