Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davetrials

Any riding in Bath?

12 posts in this topic

Alright guys, 

Ive recently moved to bath and looking for some trails, (and bicycles friends) Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Dave.

@MadManMike is your man I suspect, be carefull though he might try to ply you with rum, hot peppers or perhaps a new haircut :)

1 person likes this

One of our offices is located in Bath, so yep I've been there a few times with the MTB.

There's no proper trails, but up towards the race course / Lansdown hill there's some climbs and downhills, but it's generally foot path / dog walking areas and not dedicated biking stuff.

Plenty to ride in the area, but you're best off heading to the Mendips, Wind Hill, Ashton Court / Leigh Woods or, ideally, south Wales (Bike Park Wales, Cwmcarn, Forest of Dean). If you can put up with someone who's very slow on the climbs, I'd be happy to show you some places with a few of my riding buddies...

Trailforks App is pretty handy as well....

1 person likes this

On 2/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, MadManMike said:

One of our offices is located in Bath, so yep I've been there a few times with the MTB.

There's no proper trails, but up towards the race course / Lansdown hill there's some climbs and downhills, but it's generally foot path / dog walking areas and not dedicated biking stuff.

Plenty to ride in the area, but you're best off heading to the Mendips, Wind Hill, Ashton Court / Leigh Woods or, ideally, south Wales (Bike Park Wales, Cwmcarn, Forest of Dean). If you can put up with someone who's very slow on the climbs, I'd be happy to show you some places with a few of my riding buddies...

You've made a sale.

7 hours ago, Davetrials said:

You've made a sale.

Cool man, I wasn't exaggerating about hill climb pace though :D

Gimme a shout next time you're about and we'll sort something out.

Forest of Dean, Cwmcarn and Windhill are all amazing places to ride. Not tried the others though.

20 hours ago, MadManMike said:

Cool man, I wasn't exaggerating about hill climb pace though :D

Gimme a shout next time you're about and we'll sort something out.

Im so slow on climbs some times that its only my 18 years experience as a trials rider that keep me upright. i might be slow, but god dammit can i track stand.

Mike is telling fibs, he's a demon up hills!

3 hours ago, forteh said:

Mike is telling fibs, he's a demon up hills!

:lol: You're pretty much the only member on here that is qualified to judge my climbing. If I remember correctly, my words were "Don't worry about waiting for me dude, go for it", then about 30 seconds later you were out of sight and never seen again.

6 hours ago, Davetrials said:

Im so slow on climbs some times that its only my 18 years experience as a trials rider that keep me upright. i might be slow, but god dammit can i track stand.

I'm hitting the training hard now, did the day at FoD on Saturday, then some pretty heavy spin at the gym on Sunday. Day off today due to knackered legs, but back on the gym bike again tomorrow. Determined to build stamina and lose this beer belly!

9 hours ago, MadManMike said:

:lol: You're pretty much the only member on here that is qualified to judge my climbing. If I remember correctly, my words were "Don't worry about waiting for me dude, go for it", then about 30 seconds later you were out of sight and never seen again.

Ed's a whippet on the hills. I hope I'm as fit as he is when I'm in my 60s too.

1 person likes this

You young whippersnapper you! :D

Forty in 2 months, when did that happen?