RIP Julien Happich aka Trashzen

Canardweb

I know this is old news and I haven't seen any other topic about it but I was really shocked this morning when I found out he passed away. He created Trashzen and also wrote a book about trials techniques. He was really passionated and took a lot of his time to try make this sport more easy for beginners. I have used his site a lot when I started and it helped a ton. It's crazy to think this guy is gone. RIP.

https://www.napierb2b.com/2021/02/julien-happich/

Edited by Canardweb
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, David Michie said:

I did wonder why no one had mentioned anything. I heard the terrible news a few days ago. Completely shocked and sad to hear he's gone. So young, so much talent. i've got no idea what happened. :'(:'(:'(

Yes, it happened mid-February. I kind of felt guilty not knowing about it and thought I might have missed the news here but couldn't find any thread about this so... I read he was ill apparently. It is indeed shocking!

On 17/03/2021 at 4:27 PM, chimpanzyyyy said:

Hello everyone, it's been awhile

Seen this very sad news on tarty's FB few days ago

I ve met Julien 20years ago in Brussels when I was still at school.

First legit hardcore rider I ever met.

I me just very sad we lost Julien so soon

I didn't know Tarty posted anything about it, so maybe I shouldn't have posted here. Anyway it's nice to meet someone who met him. I can only say he must have been a great passionated lad seeing all he dedicated to share his knowledge of this sport.

On 18/03/2021 at 7:22 PM, Canardweb said:

I didn't know Tarty posted anything about it, so maybe I shouldn't have posted here. Anyway it's nice to meet someone who met him. I can only say he must have been a great passionated lad seeing all he dedicated to share his knowledge of this sport.

I have some very good memories of Julien back in the day.

When I met him, he was hating the bike he was riding. He had a replacement frame because he was waiting for his broken zero orange frame to come back from the UK. I think Orange welded the frame instead of sending him a new one.

I remember him riding my Zebdi way better than me.

I remember him bunny hopping pretty much anything he could find

so much memories

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chimpanzyyyy said:

I have some very good memories of Julien back in the day.

When I met him, he was hating the bike he was riding. He had a replacement frame because he was waiting for his broken zero orange frame to come back from the UK. I think Orange welded the frame instead of sending him a new one.

I remember him riding my Zebdi way better than me.

I remember him bunny hopping pretty much anything he could find

so much memories

This sounds like old times. I wasn't even riding when these frames were around. Nice memories anyway.