Magura's (hs33's)

Guest Lewis Poyntontrials.com

I reckon the unex magura hosing is great.

it looks far better than normal magura hosing, its cheap, and is really strong, ive caught mine a few times and tis fine, and doesnt kink at all.

its also really flexible unliek mag hose

I did have a problem with my first rear set but this was my own fault, I baiscly F**ked it up, but thats all sorted now and its been great for ages

I love it

and u can have a matching front hose for just about any brake as well

for the extra pimpyness :-

• 1 month later...

why not use normal blood (what eva it might be), a normal hose and red pads with a bit of tar if nessasery? it costs about £30.

wait I think I just answerd my own question...

u cud pick up a WHOLE brake (lever, hose, brakes, etc) second hand for £30.

:-

My brake's feeling swish at the mo':

Standard Royal Blood

Standard (with a nice kink) hosing

Monty X-Hydra pads

Light grind

RB Booster

That's all, and it's so f**king nice.

It just locks and holds like a mo'f**ker. We'll see in the comp though I suppose, but it feels really swish. It's the best feeling brake I've used.

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...

a grind is when you hold a angle grinder to your rim and gentley score it which creates a ruff surface and better braking tar is a black little rock which you dab around your rim and is very sticky and the brake has no chance of slipping

(dont use it on cheap vee brakes) but tar has been know to rip your pads off there backing

Edited by modgod

tar can also lock your pads to your rim and if your on the edge of a drop it really means your buggered! as I found when I first began and faceplanted off 3ft and took the skin off one side of my chin. (tar is the stuff they put on roads to bind all the gravel together) hence TARmacadam.

(correct me if im wrong)

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

just thought I wud add this for koxx bloxx/monty pads.. its from a post I did agesss ago but its more relevant here :-

ok before u do the whole wetting your rim thing take your koxx bloxx and cut 3 large X's across the surface with a hacksaw about 1.5mm deep.. then clean out all of the cut up plastic from inside where u cut cos it builds up. Then replace them on your bike and do the water jobbie.. BELEIVE ME THEY WILL WORK AMAZING! I did mine on sunday and they f**kin rule! THe problem with koxx bloxx is that they are completely flat so if u get any water or oil on your rim or even dust it all builds up on the surface of the pad.. The x's help to take some of it away and they work amazing

• 4 weeks later...
just thought I wud add this for koxx bloxx/monty pads.. its from a post I did agesss ago but its more relevant here :D

ok before u do the whole wetting your rim thing take your koxx bloxx and cut 3 large X's across the surface with a hacksaw about 1.5mm deep.. then clean out all of the cut up plastic from inside where u cut cos it builds up. Then replace them on your bike and do the water jobbie.. BELEIVE ME THEY WILL WORK AMAZING! I did mine on sunday and they f**kin rule! THe problem with koxx bloxx is that they are completely flat so if u get any water or oil on your rim or even dust it all builds up on the surface of the pad.. The x's help to take some of it away and they work amazing

Agreed. Helps push water away. Hence why my black pads used to work best when it was slightly raining :-

Although, it will help push the water out, you can't expect the pads to still work on a normal polished rim when its tipping it down, because of the pad material...

On a grind or ceramic rim however, it will work good,, but with a grind or ceramic rim you dont need to cut the slots as they work amazing in the wet anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It would only corrode if there was water and oxygen in there. That means a bad bleed. If you're scared, boil the water first or something.

Magura blood does and still do it for me. It does all I need to. When I'm actually riding, I don't notice the lever reaction too much as I'm usually busier caring about whether I'm riding right, not whether my lever is "springy" or whether my stickers line up properly or anything.

• 1 month later...