Indoor Trials Evening

Heres my story.

The course was great, lots of lines, nothing too high or big but just technical sit off riding, it was cool. Was a bit wobbly from having no food all day, but it was cool.

The sleepers and cotten reel where sessioned the most, with some great gap lines going down. Tim Steadmans mad riding was pretty impressive and Ben savage done a beasty sidehop up 8 pallets to backwheel.

The course was a little dodgy in areas, some places the course just fell apart but nobody was too bothered just got on with it.

The party :D what a party, just pure class, beasty piss up, everybody was happy and chilled and having a laugh, it was great.

Austin was giving hair styling tips to a bird stroking her hair telling her what she needed, she was loving it, but only because she knew he was gay.

He was far too pissed, he was pissed when we where walking to the party, somehow, I think yur dad couldnt take the embarasment of you aust, so he just left :(

Ali and his random "give bottles to phil" behavior, and his shoe finding was awfull, I dont even think he was assed.

Lee, your too hyper man :D

Adam, davidz and bendeelee wore marks in the carpet in the hall way haha.

I found it funny the way the door was just permenantly open with random people walking in, Matt was like "hello, dont know who you are, but welcome" lol.

JTM you big perve, was great though, that blonde bird, :- i wished, i did, then you scared her off, haha, and somebody robbed her seat, god dam it.

SOme of us went down to the car park at like 4am nearly slept on the floor, had a drive around a circle of the car park, as lee said, I was buzzing at how driving drunk was so much fun (don't worry children the car park was so small).

Had to walk to wills house with rossi cos I was meant to be kipping there and didnt have a clue where i was gonna sleep, so i kipped in ma car, god dam that hill will.

Ogwen ride was awsome, fund some new bits to the place, averybody rode well and the weather was decent, my bike was creaky and my wheel went skitzo.

Thanks to........ Tom (spunky monkey boy) such an amazing event put together it must have taken a lot of your time, and I am very great full for it.

Matt Barlow for his amazing gig, such a sound guy, he seemed a bit pissed off when people where being a bit reckless in the house, and as would I, but he still seemed to get on with it. You can keep the rear mech as a present Matt :P

Thanks to all the people who built the course.

Phil.

tim you tart why didnt you say you had bars??????

i managed a new top speed for my van too. 105mph with 4 people and 3 bikes and kit. AWESOME!!!!

will deffo come to the next one and help out too :(

i didnt know the had snapped til lee came an told us, by that time you had gone lol..we were off to bangor and saw you going other way.

next time ask us lot, we had loads of weird spares...stems, bars, wheels lol

Van was cool at 90, just didnt want to turn at all lol

right people can i grab your attention for one minute...

here are the three dates i am considering for the next event, if it is either of the first two dates then it will be a low key event using the same stuff that we had on friday, if its the last date there will be loads of new stuff and it will be radically changed, these dates are not confirmed but likely so shich would be best?

tues 15th feb

sat 26th feb

or

fri and sat 18/19th march

Adam, davidz and bendeelee wore marks in the carpet in the hall way haha.

haha well when you had the fit blonde walking up and down the stairs now and again along with a few others with short skirts i just couldnt make myself move away.

plus my bag was under the stairs and i saw a few people eyeing up my sousage rolls so i didnt want to leave them un gaurded.

The march date would be better for most im guessing, because it would give people more time to book time off work/plan things etc...Also because its a friday most people wont have work/school etc the next day and can therefore stay over.

I also like the idea of things being improved and changed/new stuff for the march date. (Y)

Just a thought for the next event - could possibly start it earlier? Meaning more ride time (Y)"

Looking forward to it anyway!

Stan.

if we go for the march dates then i'm going to run it from 6.30-9.30 on the friday night and then about 12-6 on the sat so don't worry you'll have huge amounts of riding time...

also by having the hall open for so long, hopefully riders will come and go and it won't be quite so manic!!!

sorry will but the verdict does seem to be march not feb... i need to talk to you and the rest of the locals soon about north wales bike trials club because i'm thinking of starting a regular club only night...

i'll write up a message that covers eveything to do with the club and then send it to you and all the other bangor crew, if you could then show it to any riders who arebn't on the forum that'd be great...

see you soon

tom

I prefer the march date also, I have my driving test on the 11th of feb, and will need time to find a car and get used to it. Its also my birthday on the 18th of feb, so I dont know why I said that as it wont really change anything (Y)

next time I might padlock my shoes on (Y)

PS I wanna see this "mint" pic of me drunk :)

well if they get boring for you only come twice a year! th 18th march in 7 weeks after this last event and i want to run them every 6ish weeks. there were too many riders for the amount of stuff to ride on friday so it doesn't bother me if we only get 50 riders and i double the amount of stuff to ride.

if you don't wana come to every event then keep your eyes peeled for some fun in the summer. we've got something big up our sleeves (Y)

yeaht he march one sounds kool. and please none of that cocktail shit next time. when i start getting tipsy take it off me !. dont think we will have a venue for a party next time though ah well. thanks again matt (Y)

Of course you have a venue for the party next time!!

When over 100 people are in your house at one time there is bound to be crazy stuff going on, it's just a given.

You know it's a good party too when most people arrive at 1:30am!!

EDIT: I have about 80 photos and my personal account of the weekend to share so keep checking the website for an update over the next couple of days!

Edited by mintsauce

ok i really didn't think that many people would be going all the way to font for the koxx days so didn't think it'd be a problem. i may change the dates but i'll have to talk it over, if i shift the date it will be to the weekend after, not the month after!

gotta go to work now so i'll speak to my contacts later and see what dates they think would be good.

later all

You're all making me wish I had gone to the party too (Y)

Still, both days riding was mint!

Really looking forward to the next one... whenever it will be...

Never realised that making sections could be so interesting (Y) and next time there will be more :)

bob (and all the other locals)

we will need to do a few days work on the sections before the next event so we've got everything spot on, some of the stuff on friday night was not to my liking and i would have liked to have checked everything thoroughly but just didn't have the time...

i'll let you knwo when i'm going to do a course building and testing day... (invite only!)