How To Put Over An Awkward Question

pashley pro

hi there im in a sticky situation my gf really likes my burmese cats so i was thinking of suprising her with one but i know her parents had a cat before and got rid of it. what do u think i should say because i have to ask them first but i dont think they will let her have one i just dont know how to ask.Please help

Should she be the one giving you the pussy? :P"

sorry but a joke had to be made eventually.

Just ask em if they would mind her having a cat in the house if you gave her one. I know that some people hate cats so it is better that you are gonna ask them first. :S

I think it would make sence for you not to buy her one, seeing as they got rid of one before, it sounds like it didn't die of natural causes.

Maybe if she had her own she would be less inclined to come round to see you??

Cats cost lots of money to look after for someone young.... don't be inconsiderate to her parents :S

I'm dissapointed as I thought this might be a proper 'awkward' question....

please make your daughter go on the pill

hehe, last xmas i bought the missus some earings and her dad saw the little wooden box, gave me a dodgy look and asked if there was anything i needed to ask him!!!

i nearly died and for a minute he thought it really was a ring and i really was going to propose and then i managed to spit out that there was no worry and showed him...

that was a classic moment and far more embarasing than 'can i buy your daughter a cat'

I'm sure theres a funny 'pussy' joke lurking about, but i cant think of one.

EDIT: Oh, theres is one.

Just ask. They're going to say yes or no. No matter how you ask them, they have already made up their mind if they have already had a cat.

Edited by JT!

they do get pretty expensive. The reason i dont wanna ask is because i think my gf asked for one a couple of months back and they said no so i dont want to seem like im nagging at them or anything and i dont know which one to ask first as the mother wears the trousers. which would you ask first i think ill ask the dad first as hes realy easy going :blink:

they do get pretty expensive. The reason i dont wanna ask is because i think my gf asked for one a couple of months back and they said no so i dont want to seem like im nagging at them or anything and i dont know which one to ask first as the mother wears the trousers. which would you ask first i think ill ask the dad first as hes realy easy going  :blink:

Hmmm let me think, have I met your girlfriends parents?

How the f**k should we know the answer to that???

Just go up to her mum AND dad, yes at the same time and say "I've been thinking of buying a burmese cat for Doris/Olivia/Betty but I obviously need your permission first, what do you think of the idea?

How old's your girlfriend? Will she be going to university (no cats allowed) in the next 5 years or so? If the answer's yes, then no cat.

<enter>

You; "Your daughter is pregnant"

Them; *gobsmacked scilence*

You; "ha! only joking!"

You; "Though i would like to give her a cat as a present"

You; "I'll take that as a yes then"

<depart>

right i went and asked but i got told no, Her mum said that when they had a cat she was making everyone wash their hands all the time because she was worried about germs :) pretty dissapointed as this would have been the perfect present i wish it was my parents so i could just moa till i got it :blink:

That was erm, what i meant...

(N) hahaha, that made me giggle for a while, i have no idea why.

Man i'm feeling light headed and really really really stoned... but all i've done is eat tea, drink some water and sit hear. The screan is actually swimming backwards and forwards and going out of focus, dude i think i'm gonna faintttttttttttttt.....