Gloves

fairy elephants

Firstly, If you do not wear gloves, click here

What i want to no is:

What gloves do you wear?

What's good about them?

Would you recomend these gloves over others which you have tried in the past?

How much were they?

Where did you get them from?

Thats it for now, simple enough i think.

Cheers, Alex.

Edited by fairy elephants

I don't wear gloves anymore but i used to use Qranc gloves which were pretty ace. Got them at a very good price of £10 from Broadribbs (Bicester/leamington) and theyre nice and comfortable, and still light for summer riding. I've had 3 pairs, each lasting around 2-3 months. I've not tried out too many gloves but they are the best ive used.

Noz.

I swear by my Hebo Trial Team gloves. They kick ass. Really, properly nice gloves. Seem to be really, really well made, ultra comfortable, nice and thin so you get a good feel from them, and look OK-ish too. £21 from www.bvm-moto.co.uk

+ = Seamless palms and fingers, lycra-ish spandex stuff between bottom of glove and top (to stop tearing the seams which are usually there), thin, durable

- = possibly looks?

What gloves do you wear?

Sinisalo MECs

What's good about them?

I like that they are very simple and guite durable too. I have reinforced fingertips with superglue just in case.

I have had in past other Sinisalos, but these are the best so far. These feel lot more sophisticated than typical MX style gloves.

How much were they?

They were in bargain, about £10.

I got these from FCF (Foxcomp finland)

Edited by Da Make

Firstly, If you do not wear gloves, click here

What i want to no is:

What gloves do you wear?

What's good about them?

How much were they?

Thats it for now, simple enough i think.

Cheers, Alex.

I wear fox digits (very nice)

The are really good strong and look nice!!!!!

I have tryed fox stacties, wasnt very nice, tryed my mates kona gloves didn't like them.

Both pairs (statices and digits) where £30

First pair local bmx shop.

Second pair bikedock bikedock

I have to agree with onzaboymark the hebos are simply the bets trials gloves out there very nice to wear last ages aslong as you dont fall off to harsh they will last ages.

I disagree with what yoiu said about the looks i think they are pretty sexy looking, a proper trials look.

ive allways found with wearing gloves like the foxs with the padding you dont get much feeling of the bars witch i think you need, as the hebos are so skinny on the palm and fingers you get all the feeling youll ever need.

I really like my kona gloves I got from work (halfords)

im not sure what ones they are (blue and grey ones) :">

theyre mega comfy whist been thin so you can still feel the bar (Y)

only downside is that the sizes come up really small as i take XL in them when my last pair were meds

the 661 gloves look nice too as ive tried on some of theses at work but they r too expensive for my liking but i may have to splash out in the future as they are well nice (Y)

What gloves do you wear?

Fox Solo

What's good about them?

No big padding in the palm

Heck yes!!!11one one!

How much were they?

Dunno.. got them from a friend. I'm thinking around 30-40 canadian

A friend.

What gloves do you wear?

Try-All Gripy (not the actual name, tryall gloves)

What's good about them?

No palm padding, kinda thin.

No. They suck the ass. They split at the seams as soon as you look at them.

How much were they?

25-ish maybe.

Koxx Sveeden.

Buy something else. Like the Speicalized BMX Race gloves. They're awsome.

I use 661 rajis

They are REALLY light REALLY thin and in summer REALLY cool, BUT they dont last me very long, I go through about 4 in a year. They cost about £20ish.

The feel they give is amazing! they are just like an extra layer of skin rather than a glove, soooooo comfy.

They only downer is that they dont last long, but then again, all the gloves I have used in the past have lasted about the same length of time.

I would like to try the Hebo gloves next if they are as good as mr Mark says.

Actually, I wouldnt mind trying some gloves with a carbon nuckle, I am alway gouging my flesh when riding natual, it might come in useful if some punk trys to knick my bike too (N)

Found the pics I made a year ago of my gloves (bearing in mind the gloves in the pics are well over a year old now, and look exactly the same - been through 3 comps, several roadtrips, several harsh falls, etc.):

gallery_91_37_55267.jpg

gallery_91_37_16051.jpg

Sorry for shit, non-sensical stuff in there - it illustrates the points I was making earlier though. They're awesome gloves (N)

I try to wear gloves to combat my hands getting so sore and bleeding, but when i wear gloves i swear it gets worse!

I had to take the day off riding today as my hands were so bloody after 5 mins of riding :mellow:

It's where i've got blisters then ridden some more then the skin rises up and comes off, but so much that its bleeding :ermm: and i've just got confy monty foam grips

how do you lot combat hands dying :( ?

I try to wear gloves to combat my hands getting so sore and bleeding, but when i wear gloves i swear it gets worse!

I had to take the day off riding today as my hands were so bloody after 5 mins of riding :mellow:

It's where i've got blisters then ridden some more then the skin rises up and comes off, but so much that its bleeding :ermm: and i've just got confy monty foam grips

how do you lot combat hands dying :( ?

When I first started riding my hands always hurt really bad but eventually your skin will harden. This obviously takes time, just accept that it will hurt now but look forward to better less painful hands.

Anyway, back onto the subject...

I have been using 661 Raji's, I got them ages ago to replace a knackered pair of Troy Lee's and am very happy with them. I have a second set for when these are totally knackered but I would think this first pair are close, if not over a year old! But then again I have never really knackered gloves as quickly as other people seem to.

As Ali has already said they are very airy, the padding on the palm is nice and thin with extra padding where needed and the mesh on the back is just what is needed in the summer (Although it does tear easily). There is Terry Towling snot rag on the thumb/forefinger which is great for both winter rides with a runny nose and summer rides when you are sweating like a bitch. The gloves are also slip on (So no more dogey velcro straps) and dont sit very high up on your arm (So less tan line in the summer).

Recently I have started riding gloveless, but I usually have a pair of gloves in my back pockets or in the trusty riding bag for when I feel the gloves are needed.

"Tic"

What gloves do you wear?Gill XC full finger gloves

What's good about them?

The best bit is probly the big smooth patch on the outside of the thumb, great for wiping your nose when your a bit snotty!! :mellow:

Yes definatley!! very good, i brought them initially for XC riding, but quickly rearlised they're very good for trials!! i now have 3pairs!, and they are all still intackt (sp?) One pair has lasted almost a year!! (and i ride a hell of a lot!)

How much were they?

£15 without VAT :ermm:

CRC

What gloves do you wear?

Fox Sidewinder

What's good about them?

thick, but still give free hand movement

Nope, i've only used sidewinders

How much were they?£14

bikedock

but Alex........didn't you say gloves weren't neccesary with ritchey foam grips? :mellow:

Edited by Wayne-king

Troy Lee XC

What's good about them?

Cool in summer, warmish in winter, good fit, good grip.

Yes, I've had 2 sets of fox sidewinders, and a set of troy lee grand prix before these, and these are the most comfortable and have lasted the longest so far.

How much were they?

£25?? i think

Bike 2004.  Wades stand i think.