How Far Can You Gap?

spider

On a proper flat gap I've made about 6 and a half to front wheel, so probably about the same as on the back wheel. But in exeter I did a drop gap that was about ten feet forwards adn about three feet down, which is easily the biggest I've done. Its in the new leeson trailer; will upload it here if anyone want to see it.

Rich

On a proper flat gap I've made about 6 and a half to front wheel, so probably about the same as on the back wheel. But in exeter I did a drop gap that was about ten feet forwards adn about three feet down, which is easily the biggest I've done. Its in the new leeson trailer; will upload it here if anyone want to see it.

Rich

Go for it, I'm bored and need new stuff to watch :o

Can do 6 and a half comfortably, over 7 if I go for it.

lol, thanks Olly  :)

I probably did measure it wrong or someting  :P"

Ill measure it again and record it if I can actually do it  (N)

8.2ft flat to flat is rather large thats all, around 7ft yea maybe, I cant seem to get past 7.5ft I nearly have when thinking about my technique but usually I power accross and end up dis-aligning the brakes or blowing my wheel out or getting so angry at my brakes slipping down that I go slightly mad. :P

On a nice light bike with a good rear brake I could maybe get slightly close to 8ft at a push with paintence and thinking about my technique. Hmm.. we'll see.

Edited by Olly C

I've honestly never measured!

I'll measure the gap between the 2 pallets sometime this week, thats pretty much as big as i can go.

I can put my bike in there and it's wider than the widest part of my bike (axle level) but i have no idea what that is!

EDIT: Measured the pallets, and they're about 2 inches under 8'. Might be able to go a bit bigger though, i'll give it a go at the weekend (N)

Edited by N.Wood

ive not measured one of my gaps for a long while, other than to say when i was riding lots 2 years ago, i made a measured 7ft 11 on the level, which i have on video, that was on my zebdi.

back in october, at possibly my worst riding time ever we had a small gap comp at bigmans, sadly i dropped out after about 7ft 4, so that was terrible.

now im back up there at in the high 7's, but i reckon if the need arose, i could probably break the 8ft barrier now, with a bit of a grunt, who knows

ill have to get some new pallets and set up some gaps again!

christ, i remember getting a snake bite on a 3ft static back on my saracen.... those were the days