Trials-shack Volume #7

Simon

Morning once again.

Matt Staples, Andy Chai, Simon, Andy P + others came down to worthing last sunday, so i ofcourse went out, camera+tripod in hand.

Also went on a brighton trip a while back, so thats in here too.

Meh, i really dislike this video, as i seem to all my videos :P but maybe someone will like it (Y)

Anywhom;

Music:

Track One

- Everclear - So Much For The Afterglow

Track Two

- Goldfinger - My Everything

Riders:

Andy P - Planet X Zebdi MK6

Matt Staples - Kot MS2

Andy Chai - Black Mumba

Lee McCaw - Zoo Pitbull 04

Brendan Patterson - Zoo pitbull 04 (with blue forks)

Ross Devitt-Spooner - Monty 221

Alex King - Megamo Radical 20

Simon Fryer (me) - Onza Woodstock

I may have forgotten some, so appologies if i have.

Length: 6minutes 33seconds

Size: 65.3mb

Linky: Lefty Clicky.

I must admit, i gave up on editing in the last minute or two, as i was pushing to fit stuff in. I also quite dislike the text at the start, but with a 3 hour export time, im not about to export it again.

Meh, i also tried to edit to the music in the first song, and sort of in the second song.

Well, i will stop babbling, and leave you to slate my crap video :unsure:

Edited by Simon

Looks good Si, cant wait for easter, looking forward to riding brighton and worthing again. Will have to get some rides going :P

Me and lucas are looking to film a new brighton trials video, getting footage throughout the 4 weeks im back, will be the best video we've ever done... watch this space!!!

Looks like youve improved loads since getting the woodstock!!

Also Lee looks at home on the ZOO!

And what is it the the worthing youth crew anti helmet policy (Y)" :unsure:

Seb

Mint video, but it seemed different to your others :unsure:

Nice riding and editing still though (Y)

Probably because of the 16:9 widescreen, and the wide angle lens.

Also tried to edit it differently.

Thanks for all the comments :P :P

Found it boring to be honest, thr wiescreen did hardly anything for it, just made everything out of proportion in a way, and the music not really to my tastem possibly the reason, but your taste in music isnot the same as everyone elses, applies to all. Was the brightness on that set up way to bright aswell, or was it my moniter?

Tom

Except for the beginning 40 seconds (which I felt were a complete waste of time) I really liked that video, was good to see the old Megamo bouncing around under Alex as well (Y)

Good job :unsure:

First 40 seconds set you up for the video!! You didn't see that? It's not just you, but I dont think people can read videos very well on this forum, theres a lot of depth to this medium, and I recon people should look deeper into what people produce.

Personally, I thought it pissed over my efforts! Wicked video Si! I loved the first 40 seconds, as you didn't know what as going to happen and there was a sense of tension in a way, which was great! Mint tunes as well, went deadly well with the footage!

Keep em coming dude!

Jonny.

First 40 seconds set you up for the video!!  You didn't see that?  It's not just you, but I dont think people can read videos very well on this forum, theres a lot of depth to this medium, and I recon people should look deeper into what people produce.

I always thought I had a good 'sence' for that kinda stuff, I mean, what he did was good, but 40 seconds worth did seem a bit much if you see what I mean! 30 seconds would have been good I think - maybe I'm just being fussy. Just the way it would keep fading black, and the beginning part of the music would come to (what I thought was an appropriate 'kick in point') a finish, but he kept it going, I guess that was what he intended to do, but just seeing Matt S, Andy P, and people just standing there for that long - you want them to ride (Y)

You can see what I mean though?

Bah, posting in a tipsy state's probably not too wise, I expect I sound even more bitchy, but I really am not wanting to come across as bitchy as I really enjoy Mr Simon's vids :lol:

I always thought I had a good 'sence' for that kinda stuff, I mean, what he did was good, but 40 seconds worth did seem a bit much if you see what I mean! 30 seconds would have been good I think - maybe I'm just being fussy. Just the way it would keep fading black, and the beginning part of the music would come to (what I thought was an appropriate 'kick in point') a finish, but he kept it going, I guess that was what he intended to do, but just seeing Matt S, Andy P, and people just standing there for that long - you want them to ride :P

You can see what I mean though?

Bah, posting in a tipsy state's probably not too wise, I expect I sound even more bitchy, but I really am not wanting to come across as bitchy as I really enjoy Mr Simon's vids :lol:

Basically, the length of the intro was depicted by the song. I had three choices, well, four, but the fourth i didn't relise i had until after half way through the whole video.

The first is what you see now. Traffic going post with fades and traffic reverse timed to music, as well as text.

Second was the same camera posititon, but lee on the lower (gray concrete) flower box just infront of where he is in the current intro. However, he doesn't make the gap, and this would of been even worse then the current one.

Third was filming an intro on the rocks. Have camera on rocks pointing towards pier on a cloudy & sunny day, so the sun rays would be shining through clouds, and you would have rocks and pier and beach in shot. Speeded up and slowed down where appropriate.

The last one, which i didn't relise i had was lee on the gray box, waiting for a gap in the traffic. However, i did not notice i had this until half way through, and it would of basically been the exact same as the current intro, just different scene.

The idea was to have it how it was, fade in out to the music, i was going to add more but im not advanced enough for the ideas i had. I will admit, the beat where the riding should of suddenly come in was far from perfect, but that was the footage i had to use, and i used it. Hopefully to the best that it could of been used too that i could create with my not so great premier skills.

I can completly see what you mean, and i wish the intro to the song was shorter, but thats what i had to work to, so i did :P

Glad some liked it heh, as i really didnt :P

Thanks jonny, but it really, really isn't better then your efforts (Y)