Relationships

Matt_Tupman

He's the thing I've recently been spending a lot of time with this girl who comes down my dads bike shop and she is truly amazing :S She rides motorbike trials and has just started bike trials and are two familys get on really well together.

She has started hinting that she'd like to maybe make more of our relationship but she is only 15 and i'm 17 and 18 in about 4 months and I really have a problem with this age difference :)

I know it's not that big a deal in todays world but I remember what I thought about the girls in my school who had much older boyfriends and I really don't want to subject her to that kind of treatment

But on the other hand I don't want to lose her because she is the most amazing girl I have ever met and not only knows what trials is she also does it :o

So basically I would like to know some peoples opinoins on this subject :P should I do it? do I need to have a talk with her dad? what should I do?

Please only post if your mature because this is a serious post and I really don't have time for little idiots who think they are cool :S

thanks for your time :">

In all honesty mate, if I were in your situation, I would at least wait until she was 16. I can understand a lot of people disagreeing with me and not understanding, but from my previous experiences I'm really uncomfortable with age differences. About 4 years ago when I was 14 and my girlfriend was 13 (we were in the same year) she ended up running off with a 19 year old loser and didn't stop bragging about having sex with him. It made me feel sick that someone who was 19 didn't appreciate that she was only 13, that's ONE YEAR OLDER THAN TWELVE.

Although in your case, being 15 she's much more mature than the average 13 year old girl. I think your idea of speaking to her father may just make things harder if you guys did go out. That way her dad would know you had second thoughts about it, considering wether being with her was wrong or not and had to decide.

You may completely ignore/disagree with me and I understand that, but personally I think waiting a little while and getting to know her a bit better would be for the best :o

Only a fool breaks the two year rule... :o

Seriously, if you like her that much, go for it, but don't expect anyone other than your true friends to understand what you're doing. Young people have strangely strong morals about age differances in relationships.

Right, if your police reading this, f**k off know. :)

Basically, a few years ago, when i was 15, i met this girl, given, she was a complete slapper, and was also only 13, or was it 12? :S But what we had was great, for a while anyway.

Then a few years later, last year actually, i met another girl, age difference was 2 years, but it did click, and we did like eachother. At first i hated telling people i had a 14 year old girl when i was 16, but at the end of the day, its not as though i was some peado, nor was it against her will. In the end, i thought f**k it, and couldn't care what everyone thought. Its your relationship, not theres.

Hell, if you like her, and is interested in everything you are, then don't let age stop you.

Love is love, not age. :o

EDIT: Feck me, 4 replies in the time i was writing that. I am one shit typer. :S

Edited by Simon

Out of 3 girls i've ever gone out with two have been two school years younger than me. I've never found it a problem and nor have any of my mates. I felt like a dick when I used to wait outside her school and shit and felt like a real ass, but then she would come out and it was all good cos I was just happy to be with her. I say, if it feels good, then go for it. You might as well and if your mates call you a peedo or anything just say that at least you are happy. Its swings and roundabouts really :o .

To be honest Matt, I would say go for it.

Age is only a number.

EDIT: Haha Si, 3 replys for me :">

Edited by MonsterJ

Its only 3 years, probably less depending on birthdays. I wouldn't have thought there was an issue at all realy, theres people 3 years younger than me that look about the same age as me anyway. Go for it. :o

Edited by JT!

personally matt.....

comming from someone whos currently in a 3 year relationship....

id just stay as friends....

the problem is, no matter how right you are for each other, and how amazingly well you get on, the social differences between a 15yr old and an 18yr old are HUGE.

think about it...... 15-18 is the main time when you are developing your own personal identity, you are becomming YOU, developing tastes, styles, and generally changing in a pretty major way....

the way i see it, you are now set in your ways.... you are 18, you know what u like, what you want to do....

she is just entering this sort of time.... so in 3 years time shes likely to be quite different.

#

now

the main question is, considering you realise this, and you realise the difference in maturity between you (lets face it, she was 11 when you were 14!!!! you have been around a lot more, probably done a lot more!)

are you going to be able to get on with her as her tastes and stuff change?

basicly..... the way i see it, she will either change to like your kinda stuff, and do your kinda things.... or you will grow apart, and it wont work..

which one it will be you cant control, buts its something to consider.

i PERSONALLY thing our true personalities are formed in the last years of school/college, as this is the time when you start taking on responsibilities and understanding the way the world works....

just bare those things in mind

at the end of the day, if it feels right, then it may well be, if your having second thoughts, dont dismiss them, think about them, and evaluate them

and dont let her get in the way of organising our comps :o

EDIT: 10 replies sinse i started typing this!!!!!

what a said still stands though....

Edited by prawn

Nick, you're 18/19 arn't you? So surely you had to take a risk with your GF about personalitys changing and stuff? So I mean if your gf is the same age as you which I assume she is, then your personalitys were both changing at the same time, and you became you and she/he( :o ) became her/him, and it worked out for you guys. I mean if Matt gets with this girl, then he could well have an influence on her, which means she will become closer to him and shit like that... you get me?

It's different when you're 35 and 40, or 10 and 15.

Yeah but my mum and dad have neen together for ages aparetntly, like sinse my dad was 20, so really theres no difference at all when you think back.

Its up to you at the end of the day bud but id stay as friends, last gf i had was me friend now i hardly speek to her.

Tom

Ok I've read everyone's posts and have decided to just keep it as good friends at the moment :S This time next year she'll be 16 and nearly finished school so i'm just gona let her do her thing and so were she goes :)

Thanks to everyone :S it's good to see that this forum is not going down hill and there are still some grat guys on here epecially Simon and Prawn some great advise guys :P cheers

and dont let her get in the way of organising our comps :P

Mate she's gona come and ride :o

Nick, you're 18/19 arn't you? So surely you had to take a risk with your GF about personalitys changing and stuff? So I mean if your gf is the same age as you which I assume she is, then your personalitys were both changing at the same time, and you became you and she/he( :) ) became her/him, and it worked out for you guys. I mean if Matt gets with this girl, then he could well have an influence on her, which means she will become closer to him and shit like that... you get me?

Oh shit I hate relationships :S can't live with them can't live without them (Y)

You make a very good piont Jon, I think I'm just gona see how it pans out over summer holidays and make my decision from that :o

I'm just like you Matt, but thats not just relationships, its Women, can't live with em can't live with em (Y) :o . But yeah if you spend a fair bit of time with her just get to know her become close mates and stuff, if a relationship feels right then do it, if friendship feels good then stick with that. But speak to her about how you feel and see how she feels about everything too, thats probably best.

Well i did get involved with someone urm abit older...i was 15 and he was 21, but he did keep away untill i was 16..but i did like him and i knew what i was doing soo you know, if the girl knows you well enough and knows what she's doing then i think she sounds pretty perfect for you..

And i have friends who are with people with an age gap of 2 years and they have really strong relationships..

xx_jenn<3_X

what you have to remember is that girls mature earlier than boys, so its almost natural to go out with someone younger than you (if your a boy) because you're on the same sort of mental age, so its al good........well that my escuse anyway!! (Y)

You can still do things together and have fun,keep it going till she is 16 and left school .Get to know her parents more let them know you better.

If things feel right then, you can start a proper relationship when she leaves school.

Sit and talk to her ,say the stuff you,ve said in here,tell her your concerned she's only 15 ,but you do think alot of her and want to carry on seeing her.

People are saying "being 15 and 18 is the same as my parents who are 40 and 43" bollocks it is

Who do you know that were together when one of them was 15ish and one was 18ish and are now still married at 40/50 etc?

Age gaps matter MUCH more at our age. The person who said ^ you change alot when 15/16/17 was right. If she was 16 and you were 18, id say it was just acceptable. There just seems to be levels of maturity which you reach at definte ages.

Id personally lay off for a bit

im was in the same kind of situation a few months ago.

girls was 15 i was 17 and i really liked her.

now we have been going out for 6 months. she's 16 in a 3 weeks.

no one really cares any more about age.

waynes gf abi is 17 in a few weeks and hes 21.

no one has ever seen any problem with it to my knowledge.

just forget about it and dont let the age diff get to you