To All You Onza Bashers.

Davetrials

Why oh why is there a considerable amount of onza bashers on this forum?

Ive seen a fair few post's Saying stuff relating cheese and onza, i dont get where they have gotten this reputation from?, they have one of the best, set of goods avaible for trials, i dont remember the old frames being to "cheesy" either, Ive seen people saying they love the zoo and coustiller, but HATE the t rex, looks wise its pretty much the same dam frame? they make really cheap parts what are really good quaility, they make frames simelar to the £500 ones and sell them for £200, im sure if onza produced some of the coust carbon forks, they would sell them for MUCH cheaper but still maintain excellent quaility.

I just dont understand why SOME people dont like the onza brand

Please debate, dont turn this in to a bitch fight please.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by Davetrials

Please debate, dont turn this in to a bitch fight please.

You've kind of already started that the wrong way haven't you :D

I dont mind onzas. They're decent. I just wanted a Zoo!. I thought i'd look cooler and appearances are everything to me ;)

Nick

Also it rides nicer than my middle wb'd t-pro.

why wont people shop at netto?

its all about brand image onza is a good make but it sells at a budget price.

zoo is a good make but it sells at a higher price.

people like to look like they have more money so they buy things worth more and these things are seen as better.

everyone is like it to a certain extent some just more than others.

you can do alot worse....they have a REALLY wide selection of frames and parts that pretty much means a combination for everyone- they've got as much variety as koxx IMO, and i reckon more than monty (since monty and koxx are the biggest out there..i compared to them (Y)" )

Now that i've bought my second onza frame....on crash replacement (i didn't crash...but hey), it means that whenever i need a new frame it'll be a half price onza. that's fine with me- i'm with onza for life cos of the half price replacement jizz

good to see they are bringing out more frame sto keep their future looking promising ;)

adam

i think onza have a bit of a shit rep from back in the day. the old square tube mods, were pretty shite at the end of the day.

but now they do some good frames at a great price/ Wold put rather have a trex over a coust anyday, even though the flame paint/stickers look crap, could get to custom painted and still have money left over for a rear king! ;) stronger to boot!

mike

i dont remember the old frames being to "cheesy" either

You must have a very short memory then! :P how many t-raptors snapped? probably the easier way to answer that is how many din't snap, and all in the same place. (drive side chainstay for the record)

My brother's t-pro snapped around the chain on a hole caused by the chain rubbing. Now there's definitely something wrong there!

Basically the old onza's fell apart in your hands, but the t-rex/woodstock are great frames and they look to be improving in the mod side of things as well. What i'm saying is you can't expect people's opinion to change straight away, loads of people have started on a t-raptor that lasted 4 or 5 months if that.

Ben :lol:

Hating Onza seems to be fasionable at the moment.

Its all these weak, wanabe cool kids that hate them, cos someone "cool"said they were shit.

Onza are a good company, who make good bikes, for a very broad range of prices and riders.

Some people cant make up theri own mind on here, and follow the "in" crowd.........

i think onza have a bit of a shit rep from back in the day. the old square tube mods, were pretty shite at the end of the day.

That could be why people who like Onza more are still a bit "Wuh?" at people hating them - the "T-Frameset" as it was known was their first ever attempt at a trials frame, and that was over 4 years ago! It's like hating Monty 'cos their first bikes were wank.

My brother's t-pro snapped around the chain on a hole caused by the chain rubbing.  Now there's definitely something wrong there!

Yeah, he should've had a different length BB spindle, or used spacers. Mine's never rubbed, apart from when it was Mr. Flappy and it dinged the inside of the seat-stay if I was riding a little rough...

But yeah, they're certainly improving themselves. The way they're openly thoroughly testing products is awesome, and the fact they use this forum and it's members to help develop products is good too, really. At least it's going to be closer to what "The People" want.

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't give a shit. Let the bashers bash, and the people who like Onza, like Onza. Personally, I never thought they were up to much, then the new Rex came along and they've really impressed me. Good stuff Onza, definately working their way up :lol:

i hope they bloody do!!!!!!1 DO IT ONZA MAKE THE CHUFFIN THINGS!!!!!!!

i realyy, reaaally want some of them :)  :lol:

Patience my friend, patience :P

Onza bashing started with the t-raptor at a guess. They all cracked in the exact same place, then they brought out a new model, and put a gusset on the other side to where they all snapped :P

Onza have defiantily learned from their mistakes though, as you can clearly tell with the Woodstock, T-Mag '05 and other such new frames.

As far as i can tell as well, no one has bashed Onza on the forum for ages anyway :P

Onza parts do have the reputation from the old times when they were down there with the crapness

plus in my opinion the older onza parts looked absolutely shocking... and I think they still do. maybe its just that everything else looks better?

I'd buy onza parts now if they looked good.

Another thing, i was riding back in the day before Onza was taken ove and turned into the trials company it is today... Onza used to make some really good quality little components. ah well

oli

I think it also doesn't help all the new people to trials generally buy onzas 'cause they're cheap and good quality. I guess you could say since the new-members trials scene is full of onzas it's kinda of giving Onza a nooby image?

IMO Onza did start off with a crap reputation mainly due to theire own fault, having dodgy snapping frames etc. Allthought about what Mark said about the old frames being 4 years old, you can't really pass that as an excuse. All of the new trials brands (BT, Zoo, Koxx etc) if koxx's first load of frames were wank and snapped easy they would probably be in the same position as Onza.

3/4 years ago I wouldn't look at onza when buying new things. Since then they've grown shit loads and I think they're now deffinaty one of the top companys, it seems as thought the past is allways going to be there to haunt them though.

Adam

Some people cant make up theri own mind on here, and follow the "in" crowd.........

I know a few people like that. :lol:

Onza are a great company, the reason they seem so brake all the time is that theres more of them about. Sure a frame thats going to cost twice as much is going to be a bit stronger, but who needs that strength when your no doing any drops over 5ft.

There frames are getting much better now, and they are going no where but up. All they need to do is bring out a super long frame for all these "i need a long WB" freaks, who can't afford zoo's, and they'll be rolling in it.

If they were so bad they would be out of buisnes by now. :P

BTW why not put this in trials chat?

Edited by JT!

Onza isn't that bad, I used to think they were shit bikes, but infact, i've come to favour them over many bike brands including Koxx and Monty. :P

They have a big range of frames for many types of riders, they're new T-Pro is U6 alloy and features an internal headtube and extra gussets welded onto the undersides of chainstays. The T-Pro was really from 2004, a copy of the Levelboss 20", but now, on paper it's better than the Levelboss: stronger headtube, extra gussets, U6 alloy rather than Koxx's 6061.

Their new T-Mag looks promising, and I'm loving the beefy chainstays :) The new T-Rex looks nice and is sort of more or less the same thing as the Pitbull and Coustellier and Dave@tartybikes has shown me pictures of his T-Rex scracthed to bugger on the downtube, yet no major dents AT ALL! :lol:"

Onza's weak points and reputation ruiners could be things like the T-Raptor snapping on the chainstay fast, and the 2004 T-Pro on the downtube, stuff like that. But Onza, I think, have improved from the mistakes, and should either ditch the T-Raptor or re-design it with beefier chainstays or something.

Mind you, Onza do use the strong internal headtube set up not to be confused with integrated. So it's supposed to be stronger than even a Chris King Nothreadset-up. Oh and also their T-Mag/T-Master/T-Comp style frame wasn't too good either. But I'm sure ditching the T-Comp for good and re-designing the T-Master in the mould of a Python would be great for Onza! :P

Plus, Onza are dirt cheap compared to other brands, wink wink Koxx. Monty are pretty expensive too I reckon, I mean it's pretty silly getting a Monty 221 ti for £1200 when you can get the much stronger and street-suitable Zoo! Python or Echo Team or an Onza T-Pro 2005 and T-Mag 2005 for cheaper. :P

Anyway, enough of this ranting and raving.

I just hope Onza release some of their 'Five Prototype mod frames' :P"

All of the new trials brands (BT, Zoo, Koxx etc) if koxx's first load of frames were wank and snapped easy they would probably be in the same position as Onza.

Loads of Koxx Levelbosses have been cracked, a fair few snapped too :lol: . Also older Zoo's were really shit but they've changed their reputations around faster than Onza i'd say. And with Neil and Craig helping them out they've become uber popular.

Yeah I agree with SMO to be fair. Let them bash if they want, if not, dont. I dont care.

I've got Onza Pedals which are realy good and only £19, and a 18T fixed cog to go with my Profile. Also had a T-Pro but got rid a little while ago.

I'd rather buy something that's just as good as a really expensive brand for a cheaper price. But when I replaced my frame, the 2005 T-Mag wasn't about so I didn't reallly hve any choice but to get the frame I liked, the Zoo! Python.

Nick

Edited by mod661