What Do You Call It When...?

Ross W.

what is a wheelswitch? Is it when the front wheel is resting on the object already and you hop up to rear wheel?

If so, what is it called when you transfer from front to back, like on a rail or something, like in the Tunnicliffe and CLS videos?

As I understand it , a wheelswap is what you described first ; shooting your back wheel to where the front was .

A 180 degree rotation , where the wheels replace eachother , so to speak is a wheel swicth . I expect a member on here called Trashzen wiil correct me , he runs an eponymous website stuffed to the gills with moves and their names .

There is a final variation , called a wheelchange , where you buy a new wheel 'cause the previous one was destroyed (Y) .

Edited by Endohopper

wheel swap- front wheel on object a back wheel on object b. Transfer wheel from b to a.

I call them a transfer (Y)

And when its front -to-back on something in the wheel swap position i just call it a front-to-back transfer :-

I call it a wheelswap when you rest the front wheel on the object first and go static from front to back.

When ever some goes to front wheel on a wall or a rail and then swaps to the back wheel, i just call it 'going to front wheel' because they are going to go to backwheel either way.

When you land front wheel on a object, with your backwheel in the air, then quickly swing it forward so your back wheel is on the object instead if your front. We call it a "Pick"

So Neil and Craig would pick a rail.

I call a wheel swap a "pigeon".

the wheel swich on a rail is a "skinny cheeta"

yes, we like to call moves silly names (Y)"

skinny cheeta? how do you work that 1 out? pigeon though has to be the new generic term for a 'replacement'. the best though is a 'racing pigeon' which is a rolling replacement

well, the move when you jump up to front wheel then swap to rear on a wall (some silly people call it a coust hop even though people did it before they put in it some vids) is called a cheeta because the motion of the move is a bit like how a cheeta runs, it puts its front paws out them replaces it with its rear.

ace name.

if your doing a cheeta onto a skinny object like a rail, then its called a skinny cheeta (Y)

well, the move when you jump up to front wheel then swap to rear on a wall (some silly people call it a coust hop even though people did it before they put in it some vids)

i call the move which you pedal into it a coust hop.. mainly cos i saw the cousts doing them over and over in vids. i am aware of that people did it back in '94 aswell, but i relate the move to the cousts.... meh.

well, the move when you jump up to front wheel then swap to rear on a wall (some silly people call it a coust hop even though people did it before they put in it some vids) is called a cheeta because the motion of the move is a bit like how a cheeta runs, it puts its front paws out them replaces it with its rear.

ace name.

if your doing a cheeta onto a skinny object like a rail, then its called a skinny cheeta B)

haha thats classic. i just call it a tunny. skinny cheetah it is now lol

wheel swap- front wheel on object a back wheel on object b. Transfer wheel from b to a.

I call them a transfer :S

And when its front -to-back on something in the wheel swap position i just call it a front-to-back transfer :)

we call them statics lol B) but a wheelswap is where you hop onto the front wheel and then pull the handle bars up, the front wheel up and forward and place your backwheel on the object. all without letting your rear wheel hit the floor.

There's no right answer, as everyone has different names for them, based on random factors, or regional ones.

We just kinda describe the move  B)

Yeah, thats what we do, i'v given up on the names after i realised our names were getting soft of inbread, no one outside of our town knew what we were talking about. Just make up funny words for them like said above, best way.

Yeah, thats what we do, i'v given up on the names after i realised our names were getting soft of inbread, no one outside of our town knew what we were talking about. Just make up funny words for them like said above, best way.

That's really amazing B)

I'd call them a front-to-back wheel transfer if you pick the front wheel first. Else, if it all starts from a static position, I'd say static hop, but I guess in a conversation, I'd name the moves a different name until I get understood. :S

I suspected " Trashzen" Mmight have something to say on this .

Moves like this really need explaining with complex hand signals " you sorta go like  THIS , then this bit goes like THAT ..."

Don't shoot the messenger... :S (will convert the all site into braille) B)

Wow! Thanks for all the replies. B)

Seems there are various answers so this is my choice:

static hop to rear, starting with front wheel resting on object=wheelswitch/replacement

pedalkick to front, transfer to rear wheel, as on a rail=wheelswap/hoo haa/pick