New Website - Heatsink Bikes

Dai the Socket

Hello.

I'm proud to give you the new URL for the Heatsink Bikes website :angry:

Me, Danny Tipple and Steve@heatsinkbikes.com, amongst others have been making the new site and it's fresh full of new products for you to feast your eyes on.

I'd just like to slip in how thankful I am to Danny Tipple, and Simon to an extent. Danny has helped me with a fair bit of the code and has helped tweak some things like the background image changing etc. - So thanks very much Danny. You know I love you.

All heatsink products can be found at http://www.heatsinkbikes.com from now on, and I believe soon http://heatsinkpads.com will forward to the new Heatsink Bikes site.

Just wanted opinions and you can generally discuss things here (Y)

We all hope you like it and it's hard lots of hard work put into it, design, coding and content.

More content (mainly about riders) will follow shortly.

Nick and Steve@heatsinkbikes.com

Edited by mod661

Thats a rather swish layout, i must say! Alhtough the product page is packed with lots of information the rest of the pages are not as to yet. But i will wait and im sure it will be much better...

Cheers,

Joe.

Alhtough the product page is packed with lots of information the rest of the pages are not as to yet. But i will wait and im sure it will be much better...

Which pages aren't (Y) :angry:

Only ones which need updating are the Team pages. So each rider has their own page.

Media shall be online shortly, all in good time though.

Nick - Moddesign :o

Wank. Purely because Danny had something to do with it. :angry:

Not bad heh. Few points though.

2 scrollbars scrolling the same way is never a good thing. Remove the margins of the page ( body { margin: 0px } ) and make sure if you wan't to use iframe type designs, to not have the browser scroller active as well. Confuses people, and looks silly.

I'm not sure if it what you wan't, but your attention is more focused to the product navigation, and not the main site navigation. The main site navigation is actually quite hard to find at first, because of its red and gray (ish) nature. Its also centered, so the users see the product menu first, as its further left. As i said, not sure if thats what you wan't, but just incase it isn't.

Other then that, all looks not so bad.

Wank. Purely because Danny had something to do with it. :angry:

2 scrollbars scrolling the same way is never a good thing. Remove the margins of the page ( body { margin: 0px } ) and make sure if you wan't to use iframe type designs, to not have the browser scroller active as well. Confuses people, and looks silly.

Haha Si i love you too.

Why remove the margins from the page? Theres no need to in that design having it flush against the top will look pants (Y) And theres no iframe anywhere to be seen and only 2 scrollbars when u run some tiny tiny window :o and no horizontal scrollbar at all :D

Haha Si i love you too.

Why remove the margins from the page? Theres no need to in that design having it flush against the top will look pants (Y) And theres no iframe anywhere to be seen and only 2 scrollbars when u run some tiny tiny window :o and no horizontal scrollbar at all :D

Go Danny. Go Danny. *woo hoo*

Yeah. Stupid 15" screens have vertical scrolls. I'm on a 21" so don't know what 'too big' is for your mini me's :P

Also yeah. No iframe. iframe's suck ass. It's an overflow table using php :angry: :S (I say that like I know what I'm talking about don't I!)

Just what I was going to say. I don't really see any reason for indented scroll bars, in my opinion things tend to look a lot neater when there's only the standard browser scroll bar.

I have to agree on the menu as well, I'd be inclined to lose the centring and left align it. Changing the colour of the pipes either to a light grey to match the product menu or black would probably make it a little easier on the eye as well.

Otherwise it all looks really good :) Kudos for failing gracefully when people try and break it with spurious _GET variables as well!

Steve's been trying to sort that booster out for quite a while. Was originally trying to make it 2- and 4-bolt compatible, by having wider bottom slots with some kinda spacer or something, but I guess that's all by the wayside now...

Anyway, that drawing looks pretty cool, so hopefully it'll turn out good :rolleyes:

Nice looking site anyway. The left menu bar would probably look better compositionally if it wasn't darker than the main bit. It just looks funny...

Just what I was going to say. I don't really see any reason for indented scroll bars, in my opinion things tend to look a lot neater when there's only the standard browser scroll bar.

I have to agree on the menu as well, I'd be inclined to lose the centring and left align it. Changing the colour of the pipes either to a light grey to match the product menu or black would probably make it a little easier on the eye as well.

Otherwise it all looks really good :rolleyes: Kudos for failing gracefully when people try and break it with spurious _GET variables as well!

Hehe Thanks for the tips Dan.

I think we'll make it have only one vertical scroll bar, like you said before.

I'll contact Steve about the alignment of the top bar too.

I believe he was pretty intent on the grey for the product background, just to set it apart from the content really. We'll have a chat though. Thanks for your help.

Wouldn't add me to msn would you? mod661@hotmail.com - could have a further chat.

Thanks again. Nick

I believe he was pretty intent on the grey for the product background, just to set it apart from the content really. We'll have a chat though. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if that's still in reply to me? If so... by 'pipes' I meant the vertical lines seperating the items in the main menu. Too long using linux, I just automatically think of things in terms of shell commands :)

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :P The double scroll and tweaking the set-up of the horizontal and vertical navigation bars has been in consideration to be played around with a bit. I couldn't put my finger on how to tweak them for the moment, so they've remained unchanged. The double scroller will go, and we'll try out some of the suggestions for the nav bars to see if we can tweak the site just that little bit more!

Has anyone noticed what the top banner does? Refresh the page a few times and you might see it :D

Alot of work has gone into getting the site to this point, and during the evolutionary process thanks go to Simon for his initial work on my first ideas for the site, then Nick took the project on board and brought the great look and coding to it. He has worked at a phenomenal rate, at crazy hours of the day, and been very patient with me changing my mind! Thanks to Danny for being our technical consultant, there when we need him. A special mention to Sam Holmes for producing the great silohuettes in the top banner too. :rolleyes:

The work on this site has mostly happened from around 9 until 1 in the morning over the past week. Since I'm getting up at 5:30am every morning at the moment, I'm now looking forward to a bit more sleep!

Hopefully the site is easy to navigate, and looks great too. I think the top banner that Nick came up with really makes the look of the site B) More content will be going up during the next week, the production info stuff is pretty much there, apart from me using too many exclaimation marks (!!!!!) Also the product descriptions are maybe a tad waffly, but I think it's important to leave a stamp of your personality on the site - Don't want to strip it bare of the human side because it will be boring to lread through!

Thanks for the interest in the new products too :) I guess it wasn't too much of a surprise to see a booster coming out from me. I'll be putting the technical info I posted in the FAQ about stiffness of structures, the importance of EI etc up on my site in a new tidied up form at some point in the future too.

Keep your feedback and suggestions coming - We're listening and will gratefully try out your ideas :)

Cheers,

Steve

Working fine here. Looks nice, although I'm not really a fan of the font. Like you care...!

Just quickly: When you click the picture of the (HS33) pads, it takes you back to the homepage, which I thought was a bit random :rolleyes:

I am definitely intruiged by the tensioner. And the pad naming is a bit kool - Konig/Honig. Honey pads? That is a good name.