My First Car!

MadManMike

That makes me laugh.........

Every quote I do I put in less than 5000 miles per year

Put the value of my car as £600

Tried over 30 insurers online in the last 2 weeks.

Confused was crap, best they got me was from Admiral for £2200

Try your details, exactly the same, but put the postcode as L215JU, house no.5

See what that gets you........

Should be intresting

MadManMike is 21+ and age plays a massive part in the insurance. An 18 year olds first car could be a 1.2 and a 21 year old first car could be a 1.8 and the 21 year old's would still cos less to insure.

You seem to be thinking Mike is 18 too, and going by his profile he ain't, so you aren't going to get anywhere near his insurance.

You're looking at £1000+

Woo Hoo-Kinda.

My parents said they'd buy me the car I want, with upto £1.2k to spend. Anything more I put towards, however, I pay insurance.

I don't think the insurance will be happy.

F Reg VW Golf. Mk2 Big Bumper kit, 1.8L Gti (Y)

Ohh. I could get insured on my parents' insurance, maybe :P

Yeah I agree with the power thing. I wanted something nippy, but not stupid. It's my first car after all, and i'm inexperienced.

I looked at 1.8 GTi Golf MK2's, and I just don't need anything that powerful.

I want to build up no claims until I can get something nice, like a Celica GT 4 or Skyline.

why?

859 for a 1.3 GT isn't bad!

It's my first car, with no alarm etc...

why is that so cheap???!!! i hav an R reg 1.25 Fiesta 16v Zetec sport (no alloys, 5 door etc) and the insurance on that is £1309 tpft! and thats with an alarm, immobiliser etc! i didnt think you could even insure a GT as a first car! :huh:

why is that so cheap???!!! i hav an R reg 1.25 Fiesta 16v Zetec sport (no alloys, 5 door etc) and the insurance on that is £1309 tpft! and thats with an alarm, immobiliser etc! i didnt think you could even insure a GT as a first car! :)

oh my god.

he's over 21.

whilst i'm here:

gallery_1308_157_89887.jpg

i hate it purley becasue it's french, but it seems to be fairly sound (had it 6 months). :huh:

why is that so cheap???!!! i hav an R reg 1.25 Fiesta 16v Zetec sport (no alloys, 5 door etc) and the insurance on that is £1309 tpft! and thats with an alarm, immobiliser etc! i didnt think you could even insure a GT as a first car! :huh:

How old are you? I'm 21.

What car is it? Fiesta, a boy racer-ish car, it's a Zetec Sport 16 Valve (Whether it's fast or not, it attracts people to steal it and race it etc...

A lot of Fiesta's probably get stolen or written off because there is a lot on the road compared to Polo GT's.

There's loads of factors. My age for starters.

Some people on the Polo forum i'm on get cheaper fully comp. insurance on 1.4's and stuff...

http://chris3549.fotopic.net/p11386221.html

My Prelude.

0-60 in 6.4 standard(and its no where near standard!

165mph down the A13

Chris

Stop showing off Chris (Y)

I've found that VW's always seem to cost more for insurance than other cars of similar engine size and performance. This seems to be down to the resale value of the cars, because VW's are regarded as being better put together than other cars the don't depreciate as much and this means that they cost more to insure. So what you gain by having a car that stays together longer is probably lost with higher insurance premiums.

Nothing is simple in this world...

well since were all posting ill post my new tank

volvo 340 GLE 1.7 first car! when i go on to my own insurance it will be around £1040

gallery_970_1077_73053.jpg

nice polo by the way i always wanted one for a first car!

im going to start saving for a beetle now!

Stop showing off Chris (Y)

I've found that VW's always seem to cost more for insurance than other cars of similar engine size and performance.  This seems to be down to the resale value of the cars, because VW's are regarded as being better put together than other cars the don't depreciate as much and this means that they cost more to insure.  So what you gain by having a car that stays together longer is probably lost with higher insurance premiums.

Nothing is simple in this world...

Is he telling fibs or is that his car?