Brighton Trials - Video 8

SebJT

What?!! Mr Aasen makes videos of his riding so you can see his riding. I don't want to see five minutes of sky or floor or grass or whatever in some vain attempt to be 'arty' or whatever. Are you somehow criticising Tomas' videos? From what I gather, Tom rides alone most of the time and therefore has nobody there to hold the camera and film pointless crap. Why don't you join www.gay-arse-video-editing-forum.co.uk if it's that much of a concern to you. I've seen your videos, Jonny ("looks promising"), and was confused as to whether I should laugh, at how shit it was and what a gimp you were, or be angry at the fact that I'd wasted my time with it. The impression I get is that, in order to make up for your lack of riding ability, you attempt to paint yourself as some kind of "trial media" mogul to gain some kind or virtual kudos.

Incidentally I was thoroughly bored of the video within two minutes and had to end it.

Dan

Jonny jones and (nick goddard) are two of the best in the uk for camra work.

when it comes to filming, photograhy or anything else. These are the guys to go work with. ive done alot of filming with both of them. These guys shouldnt be filming us they should be working for (chilli video or MBUK).

But i think were quite lucky to have people like these two. Doing great videos for people to watch.

I certainly cant wait for more TM videos and the glasseye DVD. which will be out soon.

the middle finger still goes up to you mate. :blink:"

Jonny jones and (nick goddard) are two of the best in the uk for camra work.

What, two of the best in the uk for bike/sport camera work? Mate, you haven't watched enough bike videos. If you want an example of good camera work go and watch Sprung, or watch some of Alex Rankine's stuff.

Think perhaps we should have a new thread to bitch about video styles. As far as 'arty' stuff goes it can be over-done, like with really long shots of 'irrelevant' stuff. I thought with Seb's video one or two bits were like that, but the finished product (as I said before) was good.

Although to be honest (and I'm not trying to create a ruck here...) when I watch a bike video it's the riding I'm interested in, and I was amazed at how Seb's progressing, having first met him before he had a proper bike, etc. And it's always nice to see someone who's put the effort in do well.

if you want to talk further, PM me.

Jonny.

If you've got somthing to say to me, dont rely on a f**king computer screen as self defence, say it to my face muther f**ker! You ever made a video?

J.

Thanks for that :blink: Shall I bring my dueling pistols or my sword?

Dan

You seem to have missed my point. You can tell what a "good" video is from the finished product. I don't know how to use Adobe Premier, but I could still point out a shit video and give constructive criticism. Because he hasn't made a trillion videos doesn't mean he doesn't know what a "good" video should be like. Equally, what if, say, he HAD made some videos, but just hadn't put them up on here? I know I have?

You go to a restaurant, you order a fancy-ass meal. You have some. It's got too much salt in it. You can still say "This has too much salt in it" without knowing the exact ingredients or way to make it, it's just personal opinion.

You seem to have missed my point.  You can tell what a "good" video is from the finished product.  I don't know how to use Adobe Premier, but I could still point out a shit video and give constructive criticism.  Because he hasn't made a trillion videos doesn't mean he doesn't know what a "good" video should be like.  Equally, what if, say, he HAD made some videos, but just hadn't put them up on here?  I know I have?

You go to a restaurant, you order a fancy-ass meal.  You have some.  It's got too much salt in it.  You can still say "This has too much salt in it" without knowing the exact ingredients or way to make it, it's just personal opinion.

Fair enough, but where does he get off saying that stuff? Hes probably sitting there laughing and all sorts lol :blink: , naa, the next video, better stop laughing at your own, sad, immature prowess now, gonna be good this time, in case you didnt like TM1.

I still love the video that this thread is all about, mint! :lol:

J.

I do like this video, the angles may be overdone at some places but i've never seen a video like it and was very interested in the angles etc. to put in my own videos. It maybe more experimental and arty than most videos but i think this makes it far more interesting than another death metal backed video with everything in sight being dropped off.

It may not be the greatest video to watch before you go out riding and get you in the mood, but it shows what trials is about and quite honestly i think the camera work is a masterpiece in its own right.

I'm aware some people may find this slow or boring to get into, but thats because you have watched far to many zoo videos, not that thats a bad thing because i watch them before i go for a ride but i think this is a video where there is more to watch than the riding, this makes it interesting in a completely different way to conventional videos.

Let the bitching continue, lol.

Andy

I love this guy why because he tells it how it is!

Yea but thats not how it is, and you know it. I make videos becuase thats what I enjoy doing. Ive never dissed anybodys riding to the point where its upsetting to read, have I? Im sure i'll get better at riding soon enough, even if it has taken 7 or so years to get to where I am now. We all love riding and im sure we all like watching videos, whether they are good or bad, we dont know until we've watched them.

Anyways, enough of the nasty talk, its not on. Ive spent a lot of money on travelling, tapes and film for TM2, so im hoping it should be quite good ("looks promising") - watever that was all about? So we shall see :blink:

Jonny.

What?!! Mr Aasen makes videos of his riding so you can see his riding. I don't want to see five minutes of sky or floor or grass or whatever in some vain attempt to be 'arty' or whatever. Are you somehow criticising Tomas' videos? From what I gather, Tom rides alone most of the time and therefore has nobody there to hold the camera and film pointless crap. Why don't you join www.gay-arse-video-editing-forum.co.uk if it's that much of a concern to you. I've seen your videos, Jonny ("looks promising"), and was confused as to whether I should laugh, at how shit it was and what a gimp you were, or be angry at the fact that I'd wasted my time with it. The impression I get is that, in order to make up for your lack of riding ability, you attempt to paint yourself as some kind of "trial media" mogul to gain some kind or virtual kudos.

Incidentally I was thoroughly bored of the video within two minutes and had to end it.

Dan

f**king hell im in tears, lmfao.

i love u

Yea but thats not how it is, and you know it. 

But that's exactly how it is, hence it cut you so deep.

As for accusing me of being immature over the matter, could you please refer to a particular instance? If I remember correctly it was you who initiated the playground-esque "say it to my f*cking face" malarky. And your fans who've posted on this thread seem to have only made themselves look immature by posting rubbish like "you're a tw@" etc...

Dan

sorry, I didnt manage to watch it all. I flicked forward but it still didnt entertain me.

I liked the camerawork, I rather like getting nice unique shots, but for it to work I think you need a rider whos goes big or has a really nice style, or both (no offence).