Brighton Trials - Video 8

SebJT

You should be a happy man, that was truely amazing.

Get to ALL the rides and make yourself a DVD. I think with work like that and and a few select (not bikes (Y) ) riders you could have something even I would purchase! (stingy git)

What pads? :)  :)

Jason.

I ride the plazmatic v fly pads. Running on a worn grind with an avid ultimate and xtr lever.

Thanks for the feedback guys, watch out for more amcasproductions or brighton trials videos in the future, they can only get better :)

Seb

Ive had this vid for a week, and havent deleted it. Thats 7 days longer than I keep most. Love the camera work. Really slick. Love the riding too. Almost old school these days. You even used the bashguard...Cool. My bro has just moved to Brighton so Ill bring my bike when I go see him, so we may cross paths at some point. Seriously, this vid is one of the best Ive seen.

there was some creative camera work and some nice angles....

BUT it was just too much, he liked to film the sky more then what you was riding on, and .. is he like a 50 cm high midget? because everything was filmed from the ground wich is just tiresome and bad .

I didnt even see half the video because i thought the filming was crap , it doesnt suit trials where everything is about what you ride on.

there was some creative camera work and some nice angles....

BUT it was just too much, he liked to film the sky more then what you was riding on, and .. is he like a 50 cm high midget? because everything was filmed from the ground wich is just tiresome and bad .

I didnt even see half the video because i thought the filming was crap , it doesnt suit trials where everything is about what you ride on.

Fair enough dude, but it is nice to experiment once in a while. Maybe its an incentive to have less static shots in the videos you release? Certainly given me ideas! :P

I liked the panning shots of everyday things you see such as concrete bollards that kids love to weave in between, and any other person would dismiss them, but as well all know, we all imagine ourselves hoping from bollard to bollard :huh:

Maybe its an incentive to have less static shots in the videos you release? 

What?!! Mr Aasen makes videos of his riding so you can see his riding. I don't want to see five minutes of sky or floor or grass or whatever in some vain attempt to be 'arty' or whatever. Are you somehow criticising Tomas' videos? From what I gather, Tom rides alone most of the time and therefore has nobody there to hold the camera and film pointless crap. Why don't you join www.gay-arse-video-editing-forum.co.uk if it's that much of a concern to you. I've seen your videos, Jonny ("looks promising"), and was confused as to whether I should laugh, at how shit it was and what a gimp you were, or be angry at the fact that I'd wasted my time with it. The impression I get is that, in order to make up for your lack of riding ability, you attempt to paint yourself as some kind of "trial media" mogul to gain some kind or virtual kudos.

Incidentally I was thoroughly bored of the video within two minutes and had to end it.

Dan

Edited by D-L-B

oh noes , something different *lets bitch*

to each their own

oh goody, something new *lets bum*

The vid was poo-pie.

Reasons being. It was boring, slow, missed most of the action, over edited and shit.

I'm crap at making vids thats why I don't bother.

What?!! Mr Aasen makes videos of his riding so you can see his riding. I don't want to see five minutes of sky or floor or grass or whatever in some vain attempt to be 'arty' or whatever. Are you somehow criticising Tomas' videos? From what I gather, Tom rides alone most of the time and therefore has nobody there to hold the camera and film pointless crap. Why don't you join www.gay-arse-video-editing-forum.co.uk if it's that much of a concern to you. I've seen your videos, Jonny ("looks promising"), and was confused as to whether I should laugh, at how shit it was and what a gimp you were, or be angry at the fact that I'd wasted my time with it. The impression I get is that, in order to make up for your lack of riding ability, you attempt to paint yourself as some kind of "trial media" mogul to gain some kind or virtual kudos.

Incidentally I was thoroughly bored of the video within two minutes and had to end it.

Dan

tad harsh methinks , youve also got to accept that videos are also an art form and allow people to be creative .

same with riding , just because its different doesnt mean its shit

you sir , are a prat :)

nice and original, very flowing video. The panning worked well. You could have done to use a wider lens or been further away on some of the shots though as it was difficult to see the size of objects that were being ridden on.

good tune though that dido one is brill :)

good riding too, smooth

tad harsh methinks , youve also got to accept that videos are also an art form and allow people to be creative .

same with riding , just because its different doesnt mean its shit

you sir , are a prat  :)

Oh right, so because he criticises something he's a prat? I think half the problem on this forum is people NOT being honest. Dan's just airing his opinion, in clear to-the-point English.

Oh right, so because he criticises something he's a prat? I think half the problem on this forum is people NOT being honest. Dan's just airing his opinion, in clear to-the-point English.

I don't see how calling Jonny a gimp, or telling him to stop giving his opinion on the editing of a video is in any way needed.

Yes, Dan may not of liked it, yes he make not like some of Jonny's videos, but was there any need for it?

If you, snappel, replied to a video you really like, then I came along and slagged the shit out of you just because you liked it, and i didn't, wouldn't you be just a little thrown back?

Theres being honest, then theres being a cu*t about it.

Personally i liked the video, someone trying something different, but camera was to shaky in places for my liking.

And nice one Seb, you've improved loads since we last rode. :)

If you, snappel, replied to a video you really like, then I came along and slagged the shit out of you just because you liked it, and i didn't, wouldn't you be just a little thrown back?

Well, once I DIDN'T like a video and you slagged the shit out me. And for the record, I was a little thrown back.

Nice to see some controversial posts here, i dont mind if you dont like it, its good to get a mix of positive and negative feedback. I agree that the beginning of the video may have too many establishing shots, and be a bit boring. But it does pick up i believe, so i prompt tra to skip to the middle and then see what he thinks.

The video was not really intended to be a "really good video to show on the forum". It was filmed to show and exploit the diversity of my company. Also it would be video to show to freinds or the public, what trials generally is.

Also i agree that sometimes i did not show the full object that seb was riding, this was intentional, to be honest seb is far from an "amazing" rider, and he is a bit sluggish, so i had spice things up a bit. Also usually the object he is riding is far from visually exciting or something you would be interested to see, why do you want to see the full object anyway? you've seen someone doing a gap millions of times before. Using the sky as a backdrop frames the shot and gives it good composition, something it appears that some of you do not appreciate. If you like to just see the riding for what it is thats fine, just watch some of our old videos and you will see how boring it really is. If i was filming someone like Tra, Vincent or Craig Lee Scott i would definately use more "conventional" angles, but in the situation i was in i did my best.

It appears the video is like marmite, you either love it, or you hate it :blink:

ps: simon, which bits did you think were shakey?

liked the riding but hated the video, too much weird angles you couldnt see the size of anything you was doing at all sept the rail gap near the end would of prefered it if everything was just kept simple, i.e. take a hint from james porters video you can see everything he does clearly without havin to try make the camera make everything look bigger than it is, sorry thats my opinion slate it if you want but really hated the video

and hate is a strong word

Also i agree that sometimes i did not show the full object that seb was riding, this was intentional, to be honest seb is far from an "amazing" rider, and he is a bit sluggish, so i had spice things up a bit. Also usually the object he is riding is far from visually exciting or something you would be interested to see, why do you want to see the full object anyway? you've seen someone doing a gap millions of times before. Using the sky as a backdrop frames the shot and gives it good composition, something it appears that some of you do not appreciate. If you like to just see the riding for what it is thats fine, just watch some of our old videos and you will see how boring it really is. If i was filming someone like Tra, Vincent or Craig Lee Scott i would definately use more "conventional" angles, but in the situation i was in i did my best.

Er, have you missed the point of filming or something?

Dan

I dunno, maybe you had a bad day, or you just hate me for some reason? Its just good to try differnt things with camera work, im always trying, sometimes people dont like it. I ride alone sometimes, and yes, the tripod does get used for recording moves that I think are worth sharing.

I think I know which video you're on about of mine, was it the experimental mess around one? Cos yea, I thought it was crap too, but I just had some spare time, so I did it. Really no need for the harsh comments though.

As for your thoughts about my riding ability, f**k you. Plain and simple. Frankly, I dont think you know me well enough to rant like that, I certainly dont know you, and 3/4 of the people on here, but I try my best to be nice. I enjoy riding my bike, and to be honest, im happy riding a curb or a small wall for an hour, as long as im on my bike, im happy. Trial Media is simply a website to put videos on and to try and promote riders and dvd's. Its also another website, so people can look at something different if they find nothing interesting or new on this forum, not sure if this happens, but im sure it must do from time to time.

I just think TRA's videos should involve more movement? Riding alone can be dangerous too, esp. if you hurt yourself... which is why I try and get somebody to come with me... but sometimes, they are at work or not available. Never mind ay.

Theres my essay over, if you want to talk further, PM me.

Jonny.