I Crushed My Front Rim

jamiequin

I was out riding about 10 minutes ago and i was messing around on a kurb when i pulled my front brake and the rim just bent in and a bit snapped of. I am now looking for a new front wheel I realy want drilled rims but i dont think i am good enough for my bike to have them yet. Has any one got any suggestions as to what wheel i should get, i am on bugit though so be nice. :)

p:s I am still riding, I am using a Axelrims DX32 wheel setup.

What is it with you! your getting a new bike, want a mini seat, starting up loads of topics! lol A drilled rim doesn't make you good so by all means get a drilled rim, i know people say its to reduce weight but more than anything its more fashion an looks great so don't be affraid to get 1

Get a mavic ex721 on hope or chris king orrrr what ever hub you want. But the mavic wheels are stonger than enything like echo or koxx etc.

Trust me i have had them on my DH bike never bukcled it or dented. :P  (Y)  :huh:

I agree with this guy. I've been running mavic ex721 rims front and back for a year and eight months and have only recently egged the back one. but this was due to no pressure and largly unsmoothness. But they are incredible rims and I would choose them on every new wheel.

How the f**k did you crush your rim from a Magura (Y)

Unless you've been grinding away like a beaver, or you have some crazy kryptonite filled Magura, then something's gone amiss...

it was a standard wheel that come with my pld bike and the power of the brake just crushed it :P . Never under estimate the power of a magura. :huh: