New Hope Hub

scott-mad

Never had a problem with my king though andy.....

Everyone only says they are poo cause only one or two people have posted on here saying it skipped and then the tf magic happens and everyone says they are poo, even if they dont have one!!!

My king has only skipped propperly once but that was when it was bedding in so meh. If people knew how to service thier kings propperly then everyone would love them!

I'll be getting one as soon as they are out, im fed up with my king. They slip, they are made of cheese and im constantly worried incase it decides it wants to knock all my teeth out on a gap.

I used to think that my king was awesome, but it was only because i spent so much on it, in all fairness they are shite. Many people seem clouded by the fact they cost a fortune meaning they must be good, and once you have brought one you wont admit they are crap because of how much you have spent. Hope are 100times better, better service, no slippage, and it doesnt say king on it.

At the end of the day king may have some kind of superior-ness about it but who wants a crap hub by a superior name over a good cheaper hub by a less superior company.

Buy english, buy hope and keep your teeth in your mouth.

Andy

good i iant the only one that thinks they are over rated etc. and now my axle has decided to snap (Y) good job where i work can get king spares :blink:

Dave there has been countless times when your hub has skipped out riding with me. Maybe your just clouded by the amount it cost and therefore wont admit they are crap. I dont like mine and dont trust it. When i spoke to wayne he said you raved about yours for a few weeks and after that you didnt really say anything. So maybe it dropped below expectations. You may actually like yours but id rather go hope so i can trust it. My old xc skipped twice, ever!! If hope is good enough for the majority of pros its more than good enough for me, even if im going to miss the beautiful lawn mower sound.  (Y)

just slap some lollie pop sticks on your stays vrrrrrummmmm iv never used a king but id cry if i payed out £300 and it skipped iv seen a lot of riders having problems with them and for that price you shouldnt have to bed it in and service it when u get it should be done at the factory mumble moan trials riders getting ripped off isnt the designe similar to the profile just with a bigger EP track diameter or somthing so hopfuly it wont blow up

ben,

i loved my king for like 2 weeks, then realised how gash it felt after going back to a hope

to f**k if ill ever buy another king, my xc, bulb and eno (several bikes lol) have never given me any troubles, they rarely skip and dont make a gay noise.....

i cant wait to get the new hope hub for my stock, itll kick ass

will hope still fix the older hubs though?

but whay have hope got to make it sooo god damn ugly looking by cramming on those awful disc tabs....?

are they offering a none disc version...if not can they convert my mono? make one without disc tabs and in silver....sorry but i dont like disc tabs...

Everyone only says they are poo cause only one or two people have posted on here saying it skipped and then the tf magic happens and everyone says they are poo, even if they dont have one!!!

My king has only skipped propperly once but that was when it was bedding in so meh. If people knew how to service thier kings propperly then everyone would love them!

Just for the record, i can service it properly, i took it all apart cleaned the teeth and everything but guess what it still slips. Maybe yours works great mine doesnt. In my opinion everyone thinks "oh a £300 hub, must be great" when most of them havent used it at all. Mine is bad, and i dont like it. Therefore im getting the new hope. End of. :-

Dont mean to sound like im having ago, but i do have a king, do know how to service it and still dont like it. Im sure im not the only one. (N)

My kings been fine, and my mates had his for going on 3 years with no trouble. I think it's just luck of the draw if you get a good one or not, but I do sympathise that spending £300 on a hub should mean they all work to perfection.

I have had hopes and they have all died on me, quickley. I have ridden one since my king and it feels poo, I have almost said goodbye to my face many a time with my hopes.

Although this new one does sound promising, I may have to get one as a spare. Problem is people are moaning about how much the Kings were being bigged up and are crapper than they sound, when everyone here is bigging up the new hope and for all they know it will be just as bad as a king.

I know one guy here has been riding the prototype and says it's amazing but, if I were to be running the first king now and said it was amazing would that convince you? I think we need a crap load of peoples experience before we can criticise.

And yes I am very bored right now. :)

Just for the record, i can service it properly, i took it all apart cleaned the teeth and everything but guess what it still slips. Maybe yours works great mine doesnt. In my opinion everyone thinks "oh a £300 hub, must be great" when most of them havent used it at all. Mine is bad, and i dont like it. Therefore im getting the new hope. End of.  :)

Dont mean to sound like im having ago, but i do have a king, do know how to service it and still dont like it. Im sure im not the only one.  :)

Yo Andy, Are you gonna be at the next YMSA? If so, let me know and I'll bring my hub tool along, no charge, just wanna restore your faith! ;)

Just for the record, i can service it properly, i took it all apart cleaned the teeth and everything but guess what it still slips. Maybe yours works great mine doesnt. In my opinion everyone thinks "oh a £300 hub, must be great" when most of them havent used it at all. Mine is bad, and i dont like it. Therefore im getting the new hope. End of.  :)

Dont mean to sound like im having ago, but i do have a king, do know how to service it and still dont like it. Im sure im not the only one.  :)

keep that crap to yourself, seems hope are getting bored of everyone buying kings in my opinion so there trying to make a cross between a profile and a chris king may work may not but do you trust the ratchet rings?

let me see 72 or 48 hmmmmmmmm seventy twoooooo or fourty eight!

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

keep that crap to yourself, seems hope are getting bored of everyone buying kings in my opinion so there trying to make a cross between a profile and a chris king may work may not but do you trust the ratchet rings?

let me see 72 or 48 hmmmmmmmm seventy twoooooo or fourty eight!

But if you actually ride a Profile after riding a King you can't notice the difference . . .

Plus if many Pros can trust the ratchet rings, as well as the vast majority of riders in the UK that trust them, people can trust a hub designed for trials, that has been pretty extensively tested too.

But if you actually ride a Profile after riding a King you can't notice the difference . . .

Plus if many Pros can trust the ratchet rings, as well as the vast majority of riders in the UK that trust them, people can trust a hub designed for trials, that has been pretty extensively tested too.

i have and there is a diffrence in smoothness and point of engagment, i dont know if you cant notice it but i do specially the smoothness of the hub plus so what if pros use it, so because a pro uses a certain kind of football boot for football its best for you? behave you should know yourself and whats best for you, not because some ponce uses it that you dont even know and is better than you, doesnt that mean that because there better than you there also goner be smoother and use more of there body than the actual hub like neil tunni does or damon watson?

its like with koxx rims those riders seem to make theres last ages whilst with average riders they last less than 3 weeks, so your going to go buy one cause vince has one? behave mate behave

if your going to buy one then buy one to see how it goes with your riding not because a king or any other hub is shit, if it feels nice fair does if it doesnt then meh stick with what you got. dont go buying something because a pro uses it thats just a waste of money.

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

i have and there is a diffrence in smoothness and point of engagment, i dont know if you cant notice it but i do specially the smoothness of the hub plus so what if pros use it, so because a pro uses a certain kind of football boot for football its best for you? behave you should know yourself and whats best for you, not because some ponce uses it that you dont even know and is better than you, doesnt that mean that because there better than you there also goner be smoother and use more of there body than the actual hub like neil tunni does or damon watson?

its like with koxx rims those riders seem to make theres last ages whilst with average riders they last less than 3 weeks, so your going to go buy one cause vince has one? behave mate behave

if your going to buy one then buy one to see how it goes with your riding not because a king or any other hub is shit, if it feels nice fair does if it doesnt then meh stick with what you got. dont go buying something because a pro uses it thats just a waste of money.

Ok you totally missed the point - I run a King myself, I like it alot. It's never skipped on me and it's bomb proof, I'll definatly keep it as long as possible. Eventually I'll put it on an XC bike once I stop riding. I've no reasons to change.

My point was that Hope have alot of experience in the business, and have tested this alot, so if I didn't own a King I would definately trust the ratchet rings on this lil beast.

keep that crap to yourself,

Last time i checked this was a forum for voicing opinions thats mine, so i'm sharing it, just because you don't agree, i couldn't care! :-

And on a second point i know someone whos had a koxx rim for ages with no problems, built it themselves to. Have done big drops and drop gaps on it without a problem so you behave. :D"

If nobody brought stuff because pro riders have it, there would be no point in having sponsored riders would there??? :rolleyes:

Yo Andy, Are you gonna be at the next YMSA? If so, let me know and I'll bring my hub tool along, no charge, just wanna restore your faith!

I wont be at the next ymsa because i start uni on the saturday and i have registration and stuff on the sunday. I'll be at the october one though if you could have a look for me then. I love it when it works but i just feel like i cant trust it. Thanks for the offer, i really appreciate it.