The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Cavefit for me tonight which is basically circuit training, absolutely destroyed me last week (having a big tea an hour before was a bad idea) so looking forward to trying again and not needing to stop myself hurling for an hour!

Cavefit for me tonight which is basically circuit training, absolutely destroyed me last week (having a big tea an hour before was a bad idea) so looking forward to trying again and not needing to stop myself hurling for an hour!

Don't understand circuits and stuff personally. All that running and sweating can't be healthy...

No running involved, well a tiny bit. Last week there were 11 stations with stuff like kettlebell swings (24kg), bench dips, medicine ball pressups, kettlebell front raises (20kg), burpees, olympic bar cleans, etc... You start at one then do it non stop for 2 mins then move on to the next station and go again for 2 mins and just work your way around until everyone had done all 11 activities. Then you get 2 minutes to rest and start all over, 2 mins of 24kg kettle swings absolutely f**king kills!

• Like 1

Squatted 120kg this morning, well happy. :)

With my 150kg deadlift and 70kg bench, that gives a total of 340kg, which is 748lb.

Getting the feeling that I might break 750lb before Ogre breaks 1000lb. :P

Nice dude.

I'm at 100kg bench, 135kg squat, 165kg dead, so 400kg total, or 881lbs. Current goal is the 2 plate, 3 plate, 4 plate lift, then after that 1000lbs.

I weigh 81kg as of this morning, which a guess I'd say I'm 15% bf, aiming to get back to sub 10% before summer.

Serious case of too many goals at the moment. WHY CAN'T I MAKE THESE GAINS ALL WHILST SHEDDING FAT?!

I had one weekend of drinking and not eating clean, and now I feel weak as sh*t. Thought it was just an off day yesterday, but it's really taking its toll on me.

I'm training legs and core tomorrow, anyone got any good ab exercises? I'm thinking hanging leg raises for as many sets as physically possible is the best way :P

5x4 minute circuits without rest.

1 minute each of:

Regular situps, with knees bent rest your hands on your thighs and sit up until they reach over your knees.

Medicine ball/kettlebell russian twists.

Not sure of the name of this but basically lie on your back with legs raised off the floor and upper body sitting up just off the floor (this absolutely kills).

Finish with a plank then start over!

• Like 1

Nice dude.

I'm at 100kg bench, 135kg squat, 165kg dead, so 400kg total, or 881lbs. Current goal is the 2 plate, 3 plate, 4 plate lift, then after that 1000lbs.

I weigh 81kg as of this morning, which a guess I'd say I'm 15% bf, aiming to get back to sub 10% before summer.

Serious case of too many goals at the moment. WHY CAN'T I MAKE THESE GAINS ALL WHILST SHEDDING FAT?!

Cheers, they're some good numbers at 81kg! Ever considered power lifting? Those numbers are higher than some of the entrants to my local power lifting club's last comp in the 83kg category. (I considered having a go but as I'd be in the 105kg category I'd be stone dead last haha).

I'm also aiming for 2/3/4 but I'm miles away. Also I've strained my anterior deltoid where it connects to my collar bone so going to have to rest until next week at least. :(

That all sounds very silly indeed. Not my cup of tea at all!

depends what you re looking for

it is actually a lot of fun

plus

I personaly want to be well rounded

I love powerlifting and olympic weight lifting

but I don't just want to be stronger

I want good cardio, I want good mobility/motricity, I want to be fast, etc

there's dudes at my gym, real monsters. Super strong huge muscles dudes

I m like wtf I look so weak now

then they "try" to do a few burpees, or to run, or something else and they look just silly

it looks so hard to them

they seem tired and clumsy

I don't want that

each his own I guess ;)

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

5x4 minute circuits without rest.

1 minute each of:

Regular situps, with knees bent rest your hands on your thighs and sit up until they reach over your knees.

Medicine ball/kettlebell russian twists.

Not sure of the name of this but basically lie on your back with legs raised off the floor and upper body sitting up just off the floor (this absolutely kills).

Finish with a plank then start over!

I'll do a 5x4 today, I never feel much from russian twists though- probably means I'm doing them wrong. Has anyone done the exercise where you lie on your back, feet in the air legs straight, and someone pushes your legs towards the floor and you have to pull them back up? I found it really good for abs but my gym partner won't train core (N)

depends what you re looking for

it is actually a lot of fun

plus

I personaly want to be well rounded

I love powerlifting and olympic weight lifting

but I don't just want to be stronger

I want good cardio, I want good mobility/motricity, I want to be fast, etc

there's dudes at my gym, real monsters. Super strong huge muscles dudes

I m like wtf I look so weak now

then they "try" do a few burpees, or to run, or something else and they look just silly

it looks so hard to them

they seem tired and clumsy

I don't want that

each his own I guess ;)

Yeh was only being sarchastic dude. ;)

Yeh was only being sarchastic dude. ;)

oops, if so, sorry :$

I'll do a 5x4 today, I never feel much from russian twists though- probably means I'm doing them wrong. Has anyone done the exercise where you lie on your back, feet in the air legs straight, and someone pushes your legs towards the floor and you have to pull them back up? I found it really good for abs but my gym partner won't train core (N)

did it

it's a nice one

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

If you don't feel much doing russian twists then use more weight, I do them with a 16kg kettlebell, make sure your legs stay straight amd really twist.

We had cavefit last night and there were 3 lads there who are big upper body and they really struggled!

If you don't feel much doing russian twists then use more weight, I do them with a 16kg kettlebell, make sure your legs stay straight amd really twist.

We had cavefit last night and there were 3 lads there who are big upper body and they really struggled!

Yeah you're right, was using 9kg and touching it on the floor either side, was getting to 60+ reps without major pain but more weight sorted me out.

I can't make friends with the ab-roller though, that thing is satan! :P

Muscle food doing 5kg of chicken for £19 or 10kg for £38 if you use the code code SILLYPRICE, just ordered some myself.

I believe they are also doing small minced beef packets for 99p, probably overstock. And also a meat favourites hamper, for 'less than cost price'. A combination of those would be a serious deal.

http://www.musclefood.com/mf-essentials.html

Edited by TrialsIsHard

Cheers, they're some good numbers at 81kg! Ever considered power lifting? Those numbers are higher than some of the entrants to my local power lifting club's last comp in the 83kg category. (I considered having a go but as I'd be in the 105kg category I'd be stone dead last haha).

I'm also aiming for 2/3/4 but I'm miles away. Also I've strained my anterior deltoid where it connects to my collar bone so going to have to rest until next week at least. :(

If I had to force myself to lift heavy "on the day" like that I would injure myself. I like taking it steady and lifting what I can. :)

It's really a hobby and well being thing rather than something I'd like to go competitive with.

Sucks about your delt man. I really hate my shoulders. I've stopped pressing all together now and sticking to lateral flys and rear delt rows.

If I had to force myself to lift heavy "on the day" like that I would injure myself. I like taking it steady and lifting what I can. :)

It's really a hobby and well being thing rather than something I'd like to go competitive with.

Sucks about your delt man. I really hate my shoulders. I've stopped pressing all together now and sticking to lateral flys and rear delt rows.

I'd have to drop about 7-8kg before I could get into the 93kg category and I'd still not be competitive haha. I get what you mean, but I always see the daily training as training for that 1 big 1rm I go for. :P

I just like achieving stuff I haven't done before. Tis very satisfying.

Yeh it's a weird one this injury. I wasn't lifting very heavy but was shoulder pressing in the smith machine. I think the fact that it enforces you to press in a straight line rather than a natural curve is what did it.

Edited by Muel

Deadlift day today, managed 155kg for 4, happy with that. Got a video though, and a little bit sad my form on the last one sucked. Oh well.

Good work dude. Post the video! :P

My shoulder is still stiff and sore. Looks like I'll have to take some time rehabilitating it before I can start pushing myself again. :(