Someones Desperate

Dr. Nick Riviera

I don't really see anything wrong with it? Like someone said, there's Biketrials schools in Spain, and I've heard of them in the US before, and I seem to remember people clamouring to get on the UK ones Ot Pi and Co. did? Like it says on the page, "Ideal Xmas present" - which it would be I guess.

But yeah, I don't see a problem with it? If you're dedicated to your sport, why not make money from it, really? If it means you can 'live your dream' I don't really see the problem at all.

Would you describe Ashton, etc., as being "sell outs" for doing demos, where they're being "trials-hookers" there? Unlikely?

i think it just looks a bit iffy when its sold on ebay

admittedly , that would be great if i was an ickle beginner or something.

BUT

im a right cynical b*****d , and like to find fault in everything :-

i wouldnt call ashton a sellout for doing a demo , but then again he doesnt advertise on ebay.

not that i ever called ben a sellout or anything , it just looked a bit odd , selling 10 lessons at £60 a pop

made me think someone was skint.

He was in the local rag the other day saying about how basically he probably won't ever be able to make any real money riding trials, which is pretty sad really, I mean he is probably the UK's best hope of any real top class result at the worlds and stuff in the future, so if he would have to give up to get a normal day job, it would be a real shame for British riding. I think they were giving away an hour's tuition in the paper, too.

i think we should all start clubs with small membership fees around the country. say, 10er a year, but that would all help pay towards tools for the club, and maybe a designated area with pallets, barrels, cotton reels and the like. although it would have to be in range for everyone in the club to use, so i doubt that it will ever work lol.

i think we should all start clubs with small membership fees around the country. say, 10er a year, but that would all help pay towards tools for the club, and maybe a designated area with pallets, barrels, cotton reels and the like. although it would have to be in range for everyone in the club to use, so i doubt that it will ever work lol.
www.biketrialuk.co.uk There are clubs around the country already but people dont bother to make use of them!

What percentage of trials riders in the UK actually make the effort and go to club events?!?!

www.biketrialuk.co.uk There are clubs around the country already but people dont bother to make use of them!

What percentage of trials riders in the UK actually make the effort and go to club events?!?!

But Tic, think about it for a sec.

I ride all year round. Let's imagine I ride for 5 days a week. That equates to 260 days riding a year. The nearest club to me is the YMSA. They do about 5 comps a year. That equates to 5 days riding per year. Even if I went to every one of those comps, that's still not much, is it? So it's not surprising people are still trying to set up other clubs, as opposed to 'not bothering to make use of them'. Plus some people just like the idea of having a crack themselves, too. In BMX, for example, the rider-run comps seem to be the best out there (e.g. Backyard, FBM Ghetto Jam, Metro Jam, etc.)?

nice one ben!

this is such a good idea, ebay saves on advertising costs and gets the msg out to the whole country, for nationwide advertising like this it would cost a whole lot more than 35p (circa). get more people into a sport that is pretty difficult to get the hang of no matter how good you are.

if i could afford it i wouldnt mind a few hours tuition, the price is fair (£20 an hour is less than an accountant/ ambulance chaser charges) and he will travel to you.

why find fault with something that is entrepreneurial he is making money doing something he loves, and he is putting something back into the sport that has given him so much success, trying to help others.

nothing wrong with this, he has the ability no doubt, why not use it constructively? im just gutted i cant do the same, so ben if you need an economics minded manager give me a shout! (Y)