What Do You Think Of Hs33s

gasgasrob125

yes the best rim brakes money can buy

Well i have just started to use them and they are much better than Vs .

I find them so much smoother ect.

Don't wanna piss on your fire but IMO these are the best rim brakes money can buy...

Avid Ultimate Levers + Avid Ultimate V Calipers + Liner Cables + Coust V Pads, which you have to make yourself :)

• 8 months later...

depending on what quality and how well you have set the v brakes up depends on the quality of how they work, there less fidly than hs33 although hs33 are also very nice brakes, don't really mind which one is better as long as it stops me from falling. hs33 are just annoying to set up i find, but then again i am the bodge job extraudinaire when i can be bothered, other things come in though with brakes like pads and grinding the rim and whether using tar would help so there are loads more variables to be considered. (Y)

have fun

depending on what quality and how well you have set the v brakes up depends on the quality of how they work, there less fidly than hs33 although hs33 are also very nice brakes, don't really mind which one is better as long as it stops me from falling. hs33 are just annoying to set up i find, but then again i am the bodge job extraudinaire when i can be bothered, other things come in though with brakes like pads and grinding the rim and whether using tar would help so there are loads more variables to be considered. (Y)

have fun

Totally agree.

Its not always the brake people swear by, its wether you can actually set it up properly.

I remember when I first changed form V's (Tektro cheapies I think) to front and rear maggies. And I really didnt think they were any better! If not worse, as my local bike shop had set them up and it really wanst too good.

But I changed to Kool-Stops, learnt how to set them up properly and hey presto, amazing brakeness! Although I still think if you set up certain V's properly they could easily rival a Mag.

PS, everyone use Kool-Stops with a med-sharp grind. I swear by it and so does Martyn Ashton. He told me so!

Tarq

Kid's,dont listen to paul.He's a vee menatlist who locks himself in the basement and create's very powerful brake's. ;) P.s he also drill's them to. :turned:

EDIT: on topic,Hs33's are the shiz.

Edited by nickyw

He's a vee menatlist who locks himself in the basement and create's very powerful brake's. ;) P.s he also drill's them to. :turned:

EDIT: on topic,Hs33's are the shiz.

i dont drill them....yet

how did you know i made them :huh: thats top secret stuff you know :P coming soon.....paul copies an avid ultimate badly :)

maggies are ok

good points:

can be powerful

brake will feel the same no matter how much the hose gets wrapped up

more frames with 4 bolt mounts

Bad points

bad quality

non adjustable spring tension

spairs harder to find (say if the hose bursts out riding)

bleading harder than fitting a new cable

harder to set up

pads wobble and wear uneavenly

I am deffo a vee person, dont lecture me about maggies being more powerful, I won a world round using a vee when everyone else was on maggies!

Good points:

more powerful (especially backwards!)

adjustable spring tension

lighter

pads dont wobble

cables are easire to replace

GREAT quality (ultimates)

more spairs available (all bikeshops have cables)

more adjustability

bad points

cables bind when bent lots

not as many frames with vee mounts

i love my RB but yeah i have felt some V's like the ultimate that do seem as powerfull to me and yeah the simpleness is realy good but after a while you dont realy think much of bleeding a magura and the uneaven wear it a pain are the CNC backings any good for stopping that? i like the fluid feel of maguras though i tend to find you knwo where you are with them a bit more if that makes sence they dont have much modulation though the little naughtys.

ben

• 3 weeks later...

All these guys know there stuff, vee's are the best, look at ali winning the world rounds with vee's....thats just shown alll you maggy lovers up. get a decent setup v brake and try it..you will be in love..

Just because he had V's, didn't make him win the worlds.

:P

I will admit, a decent V set up can feel nicer than a Magura. On the rare occasion.. :P

(Y) maggys are the dogs b*****ks ..i rode a mision prodigy for ages with tektro v's on it then i gt a new bike and changed to maggys and it makes u feel safer..yes they can b a b***h to set up but when they are set up they work like a dream ..for me anyway..very responsive...wel done magura!! (Y):D