Kong Is King?

plainlazy84

I went to see King Kong after the months and months of hype surrounding it. I wasnt too bothered about seeing to be honest, but my mates were going so thought I may as well. I was just wondering what people thought of it ? Was it worth the hype?

Personally I enjoyed it, although the first 1hr - 1hr 1/2 seemed to drag on for too long. When it eventually did start kicking off it was well worth the wait though. There was no ridiculous Hollywood ending and even though it was clearly a mainstream blockbuster they didnt over do it or turn it into a tackfest. Im definitly glad I went to see it, but wouldnt watch it again for a while anyway. Interesting to see Jamie Bell (Billy Elliott) in there to!

The big question though.....

how did they get Kong back to New York on that battered old boat :S

The big question though.....

how did they get Kong back to New York on that battered old boat :S

that is exactly what i thought, they just skipped it out :S

it was a good film though, i will watch it again soon, the graphics are truly awsome, apart from the fact is 30ft, you could mistake it for a real gorilla at times

For a film with the biggest bugdet ever some of the CGI were terrible. When the people are running through the dinosaurs legs and at other points in the film I was shocked at how badly the images (REAL people and CGI images) had been merged.

Throughout the film I was expecting to be totally gripped, tingling with anticipation and stting on the edge of my seat but none of this happened. Jackson did amazingly with LOTR but this just wasn't as good.

7/10. B)

Was ok not my type of film really but when they were running away when the dinosuars were running past them it went on for ages and it looked fake and was far unblelvable! like yea ok

worth a veiwing might wait until it comes out on dvd dont know if id pay £4.75 looking back on it

The end was like titanic!!!!

like just die! i wanna leave :lol:

it did lag on in some part but its a great film, the end was dissapointing but its worth going to see (Y)

Good man, i havent even seen it yet, but thanks to you i know the ending (Y)<_<

I think in the topic title it should say Contains spoilers Dave

Edited by Hoot

Good man, i havent even seen it yet, but thanks to you i know the ending

I think in the topic title it should say Contains spoilers Dave

Sorry dude, its not like i actually said who died :unsure:

meh

There right though and its not like you wouldnt work out from the advert

did drag on a bit at the begining, but you have to admit, a 25 foot gorilla fighting 2 t-rex.. thats cool!!

The fact he was fighting 3 t-rex's was even better! :D

EDIT: forgot to say what i thought of the film...

it was really good, i didn't notice the long beginning even after being warned about it. I thought the bugs were horrible, but in a good way. :P And i thought the ending was good even though i knew it was gonna happen. (Y)

I especially liked how kong was in the right proportion in this film, he was quite small compared to the empire state bulding... but in the old film he seemed huge on it. :S

I did wonder how the guys lifted him up and put him on that crappy little boat though :blink::(

Edited by Krisboats

was a really good film i thought.

i only thought it lagged at the end to be honest.

i didn't notice the start lagging? i was interested in all the old cars and buildings and the stuff people were wearing ect... seemed really well made.

also the big bugs and the t-rex n stuff was awesome! and the special effects :o

great film :D

Will