Koxx Days 06

Bendee

What day is everyone setting off? We are thinking early monday... but not sure yet.

Also do we have to fill in any forms at all before going? We want to do the comp on the last day and will be camping for the week.

Any ideas on how much camping is?

Where setting off sunday morning but where going bristol first then onto dover the next day break up the travel plus do abit of riding there.

As for camping its free stan :P

chris.

people need to look further than this thread to get sorted for koxx days!!!!!

im in spain with a fooked finger and when im back iv got every thing sorted people are looking like last year JUST at the simple side. YOU NEED TO BOOK into koxx days 2006 in advance.

Waynio.............

ps thats all il say and im pretty wrecked in barcelona!!!!stroll on koxx days it will be JUST as good as this!!!haha.......

should see the x-rays of this fella!!!!!haha mintaaaaaaaaaaaaa TRIAL NOIR!!!!

yes EVEN camping.

if people take a closer look on the koxx website now theres a few updates and EVERYTHING needs to be done in advance or people AINT going to be able to get there as the event this year is going to be huuuuuuuuuuuge!!!!

so many more people going etc etc.

Waynio..............

so how to british folks feel about being slapped?

I tend to slap people when I'm drunk. I just want to make sure its not going to get me shot er...wait ... knifed? What do you guys use to kill people? I'm just going to bring a few guns there and probably sue a few people.

so how to british folks feel about being slapped?

I tend to slap people when I'm drunk. I just want to make sure its not going to get me shot er...wait ... knifed? What do you guys use to kill people? I'm just going to bring a few guns there and probably sue a few people.

I think most brits know the Americans are coming, so I'm packing a bullet proof jacket, a lawyer, pepper spray and a detox diet kit.

If you slap us hard enough, we won't get back up, that's probably the best thing to do.

Phil.

I think most brits know the Americans are coming, so I'm packing a bullet proof jacket, a lawyer, pepper spray and a detox diet kit.

If you slap us hard enough, we won't get back up, that's probably the best thing to do.

Phil.

ahaha the last thing I need to do is get in a fight with anyone. It's going to be like 2 americans vs the world

although I've had my fair share of serious drunken slap fights :o

Edited by AndrewT

(Y) OK,im having problems paying for koxx days.

i have got to the page where i have to pay for the comp and camping. when i select something i.e - 15E for comp entry - it takes me to another page that looks like a shopping cart which is fine but when i click the button to pay it takes me to a page that means nothing!!

I do warn u, i am a bit rubbish on a computer. can some one help me out? dont want to miss this.

cheers

bucky i will catch up with you for some £££ and then i can pay for ferry and koxx camping and entry ot competition. then we'll be all sorted.

Waynio........................

i thought it might panic a few people that if they want to do it they need to really get into gear. hence why i am doing it so early!!!! 200 spots???lmao!!!! there cud be 50 british going alone...........then the french then the spanish, americans.................oooooooooo this could tip the ship if were not careful.

right, i'm still thinking hard about driving down...

i have my test on the 3rd of march and i should pass that....

so i wont have been driving long, do you fellas reccomend it? being such an inexperienced driver, will i be able to cope with 6 hour journeys u reccon?

ta

Will

Please correct me if im wrong but i belive you need to be over 21 to drive on the continent and also check you insurance as alot of younger driver policies wont cover europe. be a total bummer if you had a prang and wasn't covered.

Also, french motorways are great. nice n smooth and safe but beware of toll's, there pretty expensive but if you get lost and end up in paris your buggered as they are indeed absolute psyco's there.

hope this helps (Y):)

Also, if anyone wants to come with me, i have a spare space or maybe 2. going in a TDi Audi A4 estate so petrol costs will be minimal. also have sat nav so wont get lost. will be heading out there on friday afternoon for the weekend.

Edited by TomNewbold

ye you gain experience by driving buddy :) if you want to follow someone if you want to e-mail PM or speak to me about it we can sort something out? are you going for the full week?? etc etc.

im now driving down to buthiers in my golf so iv gained more space and already filled it. i will gladly speak to anyone who wants some help on coming as there is alot you need to sort out. Insurance wise just contact yur insurer and make sure your able to drive abroad. most of the time you get like a week or two FREE overseas insurance. im going to ring my insurance company this week and sort it all out booking ferry etc etc. my koxx days forms and registration will be going through aswell hopefully.

Waynio............................

JUST to remind people who dont want to read previous pages YOU MUST BOOK ONTO THE KOXX CAMPSITE AND FOR THE COMPETITION!!!!! its not like last year where you can just turn up and do what need kind of thing it will be alot more secure and stuff. its HUGE this year.

Lots of questions about driving in Europe are answered on http://www.theaa.com/ in the motoring advice section.

You have to be 18 with a full UK driving licence to drive in France.

Other important things I have read are:

- You have to be displaying either a GB sticker or have the new style Euro plates on the vehicle. (Although this one is obvious IMO)

- Headlights have to be adjusted for use on the 'wrong' side of the road so you dont dazzle other drivers. I think the easiest way to do this is with conversion kits that stick onto the lights.

- Its also recomended to take the paper section of your driving licence with you, along with the vehicles V5 registration document and insurance certificate.

I also checked tonight and remembered my car is due for its MOT on 10th April , I have decided it would be best to get it sorted 1 month early so its all done and out of the way. This trip is just getting more and more expensive :P

yes peter, you can get beam benders and such forth on the ferry.

another one is YOU must have a spare set of bulbs for your car!!!!! for some reason, and a first aid kit and a red triangle thingy............. dunno why but iv read this in most things iv looked into.

insurance and such forth will deffinatly be going with me then..............i didnt know about all the paper work so thanx for that peter (Y):)

am trying to get it all sorted so that the "PEPPL" order website will be working much easier for us brits.

could anyone who has paid or tried to pay post here and tell me if they were able to book it ;) apart from amtt staples :Plol. but i think we will be able to sort yours out matt (Y)

Waynio............................