Vw's On The Trials Forum

nmt_oli

Orange MK1 golf at Unphased VW meet last night. f**k me, it was like a rocket ship. 400 horses, stripped the lot.

The golf

spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

Also came home with a mk2 golf with a 20v Turbo engine pushing out over 400 bhp with full 4wd conversion. It overtook us on the motorway, we were doing 140mph...

More pics, courtesy of Adz off Un-phased.com

Also, I swear someone off here was there, recognized him from riding a few years back, im sure it was waddy.

Edited by Si-man

• 3 weeks later...
flyer-760678.gif

Meet for any of you Northern boys, good turnout, mint cars, nice food.

me and my mates are all going down!

Anyone got any 13" deep dish Alloys and some ajustable Coilovers for a Mk3 Polo Coupe?

ive got some 13"x6" minilites i have on mine there silver with a chrom lip there about 2" of dish! mint con £200 pickup

Mini tf meet ha ha :P, il be there for about 7 ish. That pale blue caddy is sweet as, wish i could get my 20vt to flame like it lol,

were you at VAG09 dan? think i saw you there not 100% though

Edited by Waddy

Strange question but does anyone have a mk1 golf? If so, could you measure the width of the rear arch (leading edge of arch to the tail edge)

........______

....../............\

..../................\

...|<----------->|

Like that.

Cheers.

Edited by Andy P

Strange question but does anyone have a mk1 golf? If so, could you measure the width of the rear arch (leading edge of arch to the tail edge)

........______

....../............\

..../................\

...|<----------->|

Like that.

Cheers.

il measure on my mates tonight (Y)

Hi all i thought id dig this thread up

I am probally going to get a 1994 1.2cl polo off my nan

I want to lower it as low as it will physically go

I want some deepish rims and streched tyres but i will keep stock and spray them

the polo is metallic green and i would like the rims to be the same colour in the center and cream on the rim

does anyone know the best products

also has to be cheap

if some one can drawit up i will be very very grateful

Josh__"

That derby's pretty sweet, seen it on the polo forums a bit in the past, love burg cup arch's

Joshlyd, for suspension you're best off going for some coilovers if you want it properly low, as they'll stiffen the ride up enough to not scrub too much. Plus there's the added bonus that you can play with the ride height to suit your wheel and tyre choice and local roads. There's a guy on clubpolo called PhilJ who does really quite decent coilovers for around the £200 mark, I've got a set on my scirocco and I'm very impressed for the cash, think he's in the registered traders on there, his shops called Jackson Tuning. As for wheels, if you're on a budget, get browsing the classifieds on the forums, just keep looking with an open mind till something that takes you're fancy comes up for a good price. Best place's in my experience to start looking are www.edition38.com and www.clubpolo.co.uk

Edit: Forgot to add punctuation in a manner that allows you to breath, haha

Edited by RobinJI