Problem With Alex Micklewright Aka Roozor

MaXsteri

:The Short Story:

I brought some parts from Alex and it doesnt look like I will be recieving them as he no longer responds to PM/Email/MSN.

What should i do about it?

Does anyone have any other contact details for him?

:The Long Story:

On the 14/12/05 he advertised for sale a 6800GT.

18/12/05 I agreed to purchase the item for £110 and posted him a cheque.

22/12/05 i recieved a PM saying that the cheque had arrived.

7/1/06 i recieved a PM saying that the cheque had cleared and the item would be posted soon.

17/1/06 i recieved a PM saying that the card had been posted.

27/1/06 i recieved a PM saying not to worry and saying that the card was posted last Thursday (19/1/06). I was also told that the post office were having problems so it might take a little longer than usual.

9/2/06 i recieved a PM saying he had just moved house and was going on the post office on that day to enquire about the parcel

12/2/06 i recieved a PM asking for my address again to trace the parcel

18/2/06 i recieved a PM saying the card had been located at Southampton depot with damaged packaging, and would be back at his local post office on the 20/2/06 for him to collect, repack, and post out again the same day.

This is the last PM i sent him (25/2/06) and have not recieved a reply even though he is on here every day

Hello again Alex.

I have not had a reply from you in over a week about the situation with the graphics card. I am a very patient person as you may have noticed, but i feel you are taking advantage of this.

I understand that problems with the post office do occur and are beyond anyones control, but the lack of communication is causing me a lot of concern. You haven't replied to my PMs in over a week (18/2/06), its been over two months since i posted the cheque (18/12/05) and over a month since you told me you posted the card (17/1/06), and the longer this drags on the more concerning it gets.

To be fair to you up until recently you have been okay with regards to replying to PMs, its just recently there seams to have been a gradual decline. As the trials community is so small I do not like to think that anyone in it would rip anyone else off, and i am sure that is not the case here, but you must understand my concern? especially with the lack of communication.

Last Saturday (18/2/06) you sent me a PM saying that on Monday (20/2/06) you were due to receive the card back, and would be sending it out to me the same day. I am still waiting to find out if you received the card back, if it was in one piece, and if you sent it out to me.

So i am left asking:

1: Did you receive the card back from the post office?

2: Did you post it to me?

3: If so, which service and when?

4: Do you have a tracking number for it?

If you would be so kind as to answer my questions or even just reply to my PMs i would be very grateful.

Wayne

PS. Sorry this was such an essay

Is it just me worrying or not?

I will post a full appology if the situation resolves itself

Also if someone could link him to this topic I would be greatful, incase he for some reason hasnt recieved me PMs/Emails/MSN messages

Edited by MaXsteri

hmmm well i didnt have a great experience with him. i wanted to buy a Bmx off him. I told him i was definatly interested and he took this as i definatly wanted it. this was on a sunday, spoke to him monday night and he asked if i posted the cheque and i said no because i wanted to ask you something regarding it and wasnt able to get a cheque written as parents were out at work, so hadnt sent it but i will post it tomorrow. he replied saying well if i new you were going to mess me around i wouldnt have bothered then blocked me from msn permently :S

Update:

I have received the card now, however it appears to be faulty and doesn't work in THREE different high spec computers.

Ordinarily I would give the seller the benefit of the doubt and assume the card goto damaged in transit. Which as it was sent special delivery and covered for up to £500 insurance you wouldn't have thought it would be have been a problem.

However as I have received absolutely no indication what so ever from Alex that he is prepared to do anything to resolve the situation I can only assume that he knew it was faulty before he sold it to me.

Alex, if you would actually reply to your PMs/Emails/MSN messages from me then i wouldn't have to do this on the forum

Some sellers on here to really take the piss with regard to sending stuff out.

It's not uncommon to pay for an item and to have to wait a week before they send it, which isn't really on.

Having the wait, and then recieving a damaged item certainley isn't on.

hmmm well i didnt have a great experience with him. i wanted to buy a Bmx off him. I told him i was definatly interested and he took this as i definatly wanted it. this was on a sunday, spoke to him monday night and he asked if i posted the cheque and i said no because i wanted to ask you something regarding it and wasnt able to get a cheque written as parents were out at work, so hadnt sent it but i will post it tomorrow. he replied saying well if i new you were going to mess me around i wouldnt have bothered then blocked me from msn permently :S

That's a misunderstanding though. Doesn't really have any relavance in this topic.....

Some sellers on here to really take the piss with regard to sending stuff out.

It's not uncommon to pay for an item and to have to wait a week before they send it, which isn't really on.

Having the wait, and then recieving a damaged item certainley isn't on.

That's a misunderstanding though. Doesn't really have any relavance in this topic.....

Well the relevance is, that he's obviously getting ahead of himself, if chris wanted to ask a question, thats hunky-dory, but just to block him because he didn't send a cheque, even when he hadn't confirmed he was buying it?

I don't think thats fair.

Alex, Sort it out, Just talk to him, why drag it on to the forum?, Now everyone knows not to trust you.

But that's not a deal. There was a misunderstanding of some sort, had he sent a cheque then roozor blocked him, that would be a differant matter of course. But if we are going to start 'dissing' or blacklisting other's on the basis that a deal didn't happen due to a misunderstanding then we wont have any seller's left.

One of them should have been clearer in what they wanted, and if I had given someone my address to send a cheque to i'd be fairly confident that they were buying whatever it is. If I was a buyer and I was given an address, i'd say 'here mate i've got a few more questions to ask before im going to send away my cash.'

I duno, I just think it's a bit unfair to damage someone's rep on a 'half-deal'

Well I am trying to do that and we are trying to sort it out by email at the moment. But it has been since December which im sure you can appresiate is frustrating, even if it some of the blame is on royal mail.

Rofl, not even a sorry, i dunno why i bother sometimes :(

Edited by roozor

Ten days between cheque being cleared and card being sent. (7th - 17th)

Then the next correspondance says that the card was sent on a thursday, which is actually the 19th, so that is a total of 12 days between recieveing the money, and managing to send the item.

What is up with that??

Youv'e got the patience of a f**kin' saint waiting this long.

Ten days between cheque being cleared and card being sent. (7th - 17th)

Then the next correspondance says that the card was sent on a thursday, which is actually the 19th, so that is a total of 12 days between recieveing the money, and managing to send the item.

What is up with that??

Youv'e got the patience of a f**kin' saint waiting this long.

Over xmas period you donkey :(

Rofl, not even a sorry, i dunno why i bother sometimes :(

Surely the reason why you would bother is because you are an honest person?

What was wrong with the post you quoted? What did i say that needed apologizing for? My post basically said that I am giving you a chance, it looks like it is being sorted at the moment and that i accept the delay my be in part due to the quality of the postal service we enjoy in this country.

What was wrong with that?

Also just so you know, I was not going to reply to this post as i didn't want to bring it back to the top unnecessarily. The only reason I did was because other people are still posting and looking at it and i felt they should know that you are trying to sort it out. AKA i was, in part, defending you <_<

Him and my brother caleb on here had a load of bother with a payment going into the bank.

Roozor paid for a bike, the bike got sent the check later was cancelled or basically bounced. So the money taken out was then owed back to the bank.

It took alot of text messages and unanswered pm's.

A couple of long weeks later they agreed a deal with a bmx and then later two separte payments.

Roozor had money problems and did what he could to payoff the sum.

But it took alot of effort.

I said steer clear and best of luck to you Max.

I personally don't know the situation, but sellers not keeping in contact really pisses me off. How much effort does it take to answer and say "Sorry, i've been away" or "Sorry, I'm gonna be away for x amount of time"...

If you're not answering his PM's then I don't blame him for being angry.

Just to update everyone

Alex has been in touch quite alot over the last couple of days and it looks like a claim is being made through royal mail (which can take up to 30 days).

I will update again when the situation changes/is resolved

Thank you