Nbr Triton Trophy 2006

that NBR dude

Those of you who remember August last year, will remember the NBR comp in Dorset. Well from the turn out of lat year, the decision to do it again has been made, and a comitee has been formed.

Still being early days, Im getting this out there now, so people can throw some ideas at me, as to how they think last years could have been imporved, or any additional things you would like this year.

Im looking at getting the field for the 2 days, so have a total weekend fest of riding, with different comps being held across the weekend. Camping, food ect will all be available.

No definate dates as of yet, but a provisional date for your diary is 5/6th August to fit around the NBTC and BIU world champs.

General pricing ideas, there will be 3 options available:

Single pass, for either Saturday/Sunday

Weekend Pass

Weekend Camp Pass

All prices will include Free T-Shirt with logo, and raffle tickets.

We are looking for any sponsors or Stands to set up for the weekend, and any additioanl support people can give.

I think thats about it, so yea please leave comments, feedback from last year, ideas, everything, so we can make this year an absolute belter!

Andy and Luke

Edited by Andy@NBR

Worthing youth crew will be in full attendance.

I would scrap scoring the competition though, as most found out last year, with us around, all seriousness of competing is left at the gates. :P

Last years was simply amazing, such an awesome day. Just hope the weather for this one is as good as last years.

Mightily hoping you can get it done and sorted.

If you need a website or what ever. (Y)

Worthing youth crew will be in full attendance.

I would scrap scoring the competition though, as most found out last year, with us around, all seriousness of competing is left at the gates. :P

Last years was simply amazing, such an awesome day. Just hope the weather for this one is as good as last years.

Mightily hoping you can get it done and sorted.

If you need a website or what ever. (Y)

Thanks Simon it would be great to see everyone there. Maybe a day of competion and a day of just riding the obsticles? Keep everyone happy?

I think for most the highlight will be the camping. (Y)

The sections will be bigger and better than last year(Although Andy did a great job last year).

The price seemed fine last year, wasn't too high to put people off, but wasn't low enough to restrict making some dosh for a worthy cause. How did the problem that arose with the arsey council guy end up in the end by the way?

How about having 3 sections this time, too? One thing I think a lot of people found about last time was that some of the normally-"expert" riders demoted themselves into intermediate, which was also full of normal "beginner" riders.

This year Im attempting to make 4 routes.

White Beginner

Blue Intermediate

Red Expert

Yellow Elite depending on the top class level who attend.

Yellow will be similar to red, with slight changes and maybe UCI Rule as well.

These are the kind of things you guys need to think about. How would you like the comp?

The idea I had was Saturday would be the white/blue comp, and qualifying for reds/Yellows, the the Sunday would be the finals for the top 3-4 red/yellow riders in reverse with all other sections open for fun ride.

Oh and welcome to the Comittee Mr Spunkey Monkey Boy :) we could use all the help we can get. I'll try and catch you on MSN at some point.

I think actually have speed trials this time, I know it was unfortunate we didnt have it last time.

But this time maybe have a seperate course, and nothing too trialsy, something more like what they had at the bikeshow that time when lenosky jj and leech were there, and we had the union jack seats.

Anyway, yeah have speed trials and maybe make it a team event, like 5 riders get together and thats the team or something. Could even have like 1 beginner, 1 intermidiate and so on in each team with slight variants of the course so everyone can have a go.

Have a speed trial at the end of each day, make it good for spectating, so we can all chill out and have some fun, have a few etc whilst cheering people on and all that.

Well judging from the interest so far, this is shaping up to be an awesome event

We will be needing some observers, so if anyone who is planning on entering has parents / bothers / sisters / girlfriends / boyfriends(if thats what floats your boat) who would like to observe, that will be greatly appreciated and wont go unrewarded.

Going to get in contact with the land owner in the next week or so to try and set a date, so keep a look out for updates.

Simon, a website would be awesome. I'll grab you on MSN at some point once we have logos and info all sorted. Cheers dude!

umm ... anything else...

Oh yea, as Fred said, I will have bins scattered about, so please try and use them. Saves me and Luke ect clearing up after you. If you are too messy, I might not do it again, and we dont want that now :-

I couldnt get to last years event, but will be sure to get my ass down for this years. NASS but with just trials and no pikeys, awesome!!

Also, had a thought on the whole perimeter thing, how about wrist bands like nass and cencerts etc, different colours for different things. Would be simple, quick and easy to identify who should be there and who shouldn't.

I like the idea of a days comps and a days just chilling riding the course, would be a nice compramise :)

Ill have graduated by then and won't have started my job (hopefully) so will be available for the days leading up to the event should you need any help with setting up etc (Y)

Andy

EDIT: There's a YMSA round that weekend, but sod that, this should be a lot better and closer too :)

i'm very interested would love to ride the comps drink till me hearts content and would more than willingly observe in other colours so i couldnt cheat :shifty:

gimme a pm im willing to help with anything including organising setting up( if you want) ect

oggy