Have You Ever Been So Wet You Don't Care Any More?

Hurman

Anyone who took part in the Tyke Trial today at the Deer Park in Bingley will no doubt still be drying out - I still have the car to empty and the wet clothes to throw in the washing machine :( !!! Other than the weather it was a superb day and made sure everyone was tested to the max and it set me wondering - what's the worst weather you've ever ridden in and at what point do you stop caring about how wet you are ? B)

Anyone who took part in the Tyke Trial today at the Deer Park in Bingley will no doubt still be drying out - I still have the car to empty and the wet clothes to throw in the washing machine :( !!! Other than the weather it was a superb day and made sure everyone was tested to the max and it set me wondering - what's the worst weather you've ever ridden in and at what point do you stop caring about how wet you are ? B)

DON'T WORRY I BET HIS RESULTS MADE IT ALL WORTH WHILE. WELL DONE TO HIM FOR EVEN FINISHING A FUTURE STAR NO DOUBT. SUMMERS ON IT'S WAY B)B) B)

Riding DH in the wet is worse. You get the soaking from above from the clouds, and coated in wet, sticky mud from the floor. Approx. as fun as shitting melons. I don't really mind being wet, but when your trousers get all clingy it just feels horrible to ride...

Riding DH in the wet is worse. You get the soaking from above from the clouds, and coated in wet, sticky mud from the floor. Approx. as fun as shitting melons. I don't really mind being wet, but when your trousers get all clingy it just feels horrible to ride...

Fort william with 32mph winds and temperatures into minus figures and lots an lots of rain , they had to close the course 7 times during the first day.

Other than that its mainly work that I do silly things in the wet and snow and thunder and minus temperatures rigging pa stacks and installing power. Just got to battle through really, bit like my 16 hour shift today most of which was in the rain unprepared moving staging :@

f**k downhill thats fun, got summit to consentrate on like staying on the bike, its got be on xc ride when your 20 miles away from home/car and its so cold wet you cant hold onto the bars (N) you dont have the choice of stopping you just gotta get home/to the car

haha monsoon like conditions in Japan at the worlds, some of the sections had to be cancelled as the river swelled up so much it was dangerous, vincent hermance fell in and someone had to catch his bike downstream to stop it gettong swept away. An observer fell in and keita had to garb onto her to get her out.

Funniest bit though, there was two sections down an embankment in a flat bit next to the river, there was about 20-30 riders down there and we all just turned round and ran when we saw the water coming down the mountain lol happy days :)

haha monsoon like conditions in Japan at the worlds, some of the sections had to be cancelled as the river swelled up so much it was dangerous, vincent hermance fell in and someone had to catch his bike downstream to stop it gettong swept away. An observer fell in and keita had to garb onto her to get her out.

Funniest bit though, there was two sections down an embankment in a flat bit next to the river, there was about 20-30 riders down there and we all just turned round and ran when we saw the water coming down the mountain lol happy days :)

Yeah Japan was nuts! I fell in too, dangerous shit. The stream through the town was 3x the size when we went home compared to when we arrived, and brown instead of crystal clear. I think people died there! worst weather ever :S

I don't mind rain, living in England you get used to it, our summer basically means it doesn't rain for a week or two.

Its the wind I hate, riding yesterday and I didn't have to pedal to move, the wind took me. And if ever I was riding on the back wheel I about died because the wind took my bike too.

Riding in the rain is ok as long as the brakes are decent and its not pissing it down so much that you cannot see anything because of the water running into your eyes.

Yeah Japan was nuts! I fell in too, dangerous shit. The stream through the town was 3x the size when we went home compared to when we arrived, and brown instead of crystal clear. I think people died there! worst weather ever :S

HAHA didn't realise you fell in as well peter. :) good times. Yer one day jack was swimming in the river next day you couldn't or you would die. Yer i remember kinichi (spelling? lol) saying that people had died in the river and the day we went to the city there was an ambulance by the river. Scary Stuff!

See you in may (Y)

I rode along a local river, in places the water came above my head tube I was very pissed through. It was good fun though. I didn't care then. Bingley was quite destructive weather. I sat in the car for nearly an hour in the worst of the weather at luch time.

It wasnt riding, but the wettest i have ever been was a few weeks back when i went out to play football with some of my mates. At first it was only spitting (best weather to play it in) then it started hammering it down, and i only decided to call it a day 2 hours later. Once i had got home, i couldn't actually move so i had to get my mum to take my clothes off before i crawled up the stairs into the bath! :mellow: Wasn't good.

I thought that the comp was good but would have been like 100x better if it hadn't rained. (Y)

Cheers,

Joe.

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Apr 3 2006, 07:13 PM)

Once i had got home, i couldn't actually move so i had to get my mum to take my clothes off before i crawled up the stairs into the bath!

You have to admit though, when you're THAT wet and cold, you go in the shower, come out and put clean, dry clothes on...it IS the nicest feeling in the world. (Thats a lie...besides being tipsy, sex, happy, ect).

As far as riding trials is concerned..wont running a rim brake in the wet get a little dangerous..??

Erm..... my brake is fine in the rain, or completely submerged for that matter, grinding rims is where it is at.