My Bike Is Finally Finished! What Do You Think

The seattube is where most of the stresses end up I think so guess banging a seatpost in would give you a bit of extra strength where it's needed. You could cut the seatpost down and still run your funny little plastic seat - as long as you never needed to get it out..

No what you do is buy a cheap seatpost... obviously one that fits properly.

Cut the top part off (the bit with the rail mounts) so you just have a cylinder.

Drill a hole about an inch and a half down with say a 5 mm drill bit.

Screw a bolt through the two holes you just drilled through the seat post and cut the ends of the bolt down so it's flush with the seat post sides. filing them smooth maybe be needed as well

this way you'll have a nice[attachmentid=3619]

post-5186-1144444196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krisboats

i chose green because it stands out and its different and ive seen too meany red and black bikes and white and black bikes.

its set me back £1040 so far.

because of my 46mm wide rim ive had to build a custom booster for the rear magura and use old evo mounts on the front.

i think i will put a seat post in there to add support.

tip- use hair spray on the rims the brakes improve alot more! even on anerdised rims like mine!

my wheels are V!Z wheels viz hubs,spokes,nipples,rims,rim tape.

the rear rim is 46mm wide and the front is 39mm wide.

i may get plazmatic pads.

tip 2 - NEVER get the dmr simple tentioner like the 1 that i have! its POO! it moves and it moves that much that 2 pedal strokes and the chain is loose!!!!

but i have put a 15tooth on the rear and raised the tentioner and its ok at the moment *tuch wood* :unsure:

really like the colour scheme.. bit unusual but works really well. What wheelbase length does it come to? i bet it rides really nice on the back wheel with the longer stem- (seems like it will have a nice hopping position)