Echo 06 Rims

Ash-Kennard

have yours lasted?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. have your 06 echo rims lasted?

• yes
    • no
    • yes, but its dented to shit

you remember that 2 days ago I said that I ordered a new echo rim, because they are cheap. Well, that is the NEW rim now:

IPB Image

I had two rides on it (N) Stupid drop gaps and even more stupid echo shitf**k rims. And it was laced really good, perfectly true and even tension etc.

what rim should I get next? Viz? DX32?

Edited by loffa

I'm using mine for 3 months or so now and it doesn't have any dent. I run at 11psi... I guess that the thing with echo rims is, if it's fine for more than 2 months it will be fine for v. long time. This my conclusion from posts read before.

ive herd that they are really flexy, i think it is because they are quite wide and the spoke drills are all in a straight line, i think that if the drills went to the other side of the rim it would make them stronger, hard to explain but

im not too sure but i think this would make it more stronger if the spoke went from the opposite side of the rim to the other, i know bmx rims have started doing this (fly bmx rims) because it makes them stronger

martin :)

Edited by Martin Grainger

Well I've had my rim for about a month and not had any problems with it... done a fairly sized drop when I first got it to test the strength of it, got a wee cheeky flat spot because the rim was still needing trued properly... but after a good trueing its workin dandy now and I love it :) BUT now I've said that it will probs die on me next time I go out riding... better no :ermm::blink:

you remember that 2 days ago I said that I ordered a new echo rim, because they are cheap. Well, that is the NEW rim now:

IPB Image

I had two rides on it (N) Stupid drop gaps and even more stupid echo shitf**k rims. And it was laced really good, perfectly true and even tension etc.

what rim should I get next? Viz? DX32?

just looks like a load of ruff arse riders to me lol

agreed ... you lot land like a bunch of elephants...

Hmm, lucky i saw this, i am going to be getting a new rim in the next month and was considering one of these. Looke like ill be trying to find a DX-32 (talk about return to the old school!!) or get another ronnie as mines served me for 18 months and has only just started to dent lots due to quite a few grinds.

The good thing is that I got my rim warrantied, as it was only two days old. The local Echo dealer is sending me a new one (Y)

But I guess I'm going to sell it, as I don't trust these any more. :- Getting a dx32 instead.

Edited by loffa

The good thing is that I got my rim warrantied, as it was only two days old. The local Echo dealer is sending me a new one (Y)

But I guess I'm going to sell it, as I don't trust these any more. :- Getting a dx32 instead.

hahaha, Sounds a lot like me ! :closedeyes: Got another one on warranty from echo and asked my local dealer if I could exchange it for a DX-32 and other stuff ! :) He agreed and now I own two Dx-32, first one is starting to dent due to a lot of grind but they are very strong ! (Y)

Edited by An_toin3

• 3 weeks later...

what if you chuck a Echo on the front? providing you dont nose dive like a biatch then everything should be fine and dandy... or not? I take it everyone here is saying they've killed their Echo because it was on the rear, and thus taking alot more abuse.

comments.....