Memorial Ride/opening Of Dj Memorial Garden

forum mum

Hi

Yes it is Radley Station, first stop after Oxford and before Didcot.

From Radley station you turn left (there is a pub on the corner)head towards Abingdon. When you get to the first roundabout (approx 1 mile from station) turn right - at the next roundabout turn left - heading for the town centre- ride for approx 1/2 mile when you get to the traffic lights there should be the Boundary House Pub on the left, you need to take the turning on the right into Northcourt Road and Abingdon United Football Club is on the corner. We will be in there for the ride.

For the Opening of the garden (which is at 10.00 for those of you who can make it for then) you need to carry on down Northcourt Road approx 1/2 mile - on right hand side you will see Fitzharrys School (if you get to the College you have gone too far). Enter the school site and the memorial garden is on the right hand side near the carpark.

Don't worry if you can't make the opening, if you would like to see the garden we can arrange for small groups to go during the day.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Love Sue

xxxxx :deej::bunny::deej:

Just wondering but, is the garden very close to the football ground where we are riding? I'm most likely being an idiot again but aside from it being a place in memory of DJ, is it like a big place where everyone'll gather first and talk etc. before heading into the Abingdon football ground to ride the pallets?

hope the weathers good! :)

Just wondering but, is the garden very close to the football ground where we are riding? I'm most likely being an idiot again but aside from it being a place in memory of DJ, is it like a big place where everyone'll gather first and talk etc. before heading into the Abingdon football ground to ride the pallets?

hope the weathers good! :)

The garden is on the same road as the football ground. It is approx another 400 meters on the right hand side.

The official opening is 10.00am which we know will be difficult for alot of you to get to...but we are aware that many of you would still like to go and see it sometime during the day. It is accessable all day so we can organise some times to go and see it or you could pop in and see it before you get riding!!!

We are very proud to have finally completed it and would love as many of you as possible to see what all the fundraising has been for.

See you on the 3rd - this Saturday!

Love Sue :deej::bunny::deej:

xxxxx

That's a shame, DJ would never have let any of you down! It's such a silly excuse..how old are we?

There will be others you can talk to, no-one is making you talk to Mike.

Love Sue

xxxxx

id love to come, but unfortunatly i dont have the bank loan it will require to pay mike for petrol. cos we live a far hike away

really sorry, ill keep my eyes out to see if i can bum my way there.

EDIT:good news sue, i think im coming now, :)

bikeless though unfortunatly, ill steal everyone elses:P

Edited by Davetrials

id love to come, but unfortunatly i dont have the bank loan it will require to pay mike for petrol. cos we live a far hike away

really sorry, ill keep my eyes out to see if i can bum my way there.

EDIT:good news sue, i think im coming now, :)

bikeless though unfortunatly, ill steal everyone elses:P

errm

with us?

Ime there for sure if ime arround.

Ime sure most the other Worcester riders will be to.

ay up sam i think im down for this if my bike isnt trashed as usual. Also are you selling any of the black t shirts with the pink bunny on if so i would like to purchase 1 or 2. :rolleyes::bunny:

are you selling any of the black t shirts with the pink bunny on if so i would like to purchase 1 or 2. :rolleyes::bunny:

We shall abe selling the last few t-shirts that we have, also hoodies and wristbands.

So to make sure you are not disappointed pm me to reserve your item.

Love Sue :deej::bunny::deej:

xxxxxxx

The weather looks like its sorting itself out then!

Now all I need is for Profile to deal with my broken hub ASAP in the hope I can get my back wheel all sorted by Friday so I have the Megamo to ride on Saturday...

Even if I dont have my bike I will be there :)

Mark-the-not-so-welsh-welshman

Ah, of course, I'll get the joys of that again :P

"Hi, are you Onzaboymark?"

"Sure am."

"You're Welsh, right?"

"Yep."

"So how come you don't sound Welsh? That's disappointing."

Ah, of course, I'll get the joys of that again :P

"Hi, are you Onzaboymark?"

"Sure am."

"You're Welsh, right?"

"Yep."

"So how come you don't sound Welsh? That's disappointing."

I'll be the one with the sheep. Anybody that comes running over to me, I shall instantly presume to be you :-

I'll try my hardest.

I basically asked Paul to pay for my fuel, lol.

Would be good to meet Mark-the-not-so-welsh-welshman

cheeky f**k :P and you will be wanting to borrow my base, wanna borrow my car too? :P

looks like i have the ok so far, just need to get time off at the pub :)

wooop, cant wait

Cheers Sue.

RAC says its 166 miles, and should take 4 hours 20 minutes. So I'll either come up Friday after work and stay with Tic, or just leave early on the Saturday morning, because the 4 hours 20 is based on granny driving, and it will easily be sub 4 hours (providing I don't get lost!)