Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

No idea where to post this but this seems the only real personal problems thread.I need some help/advice and dont want this shit all over facebook so thought this would be best:

Basically im 17, my dad is 45 and so is my mum, they've been separted for around 10 years because i never wanted them to get a divorce; i have always been an only child. They've been talking about it again in the last year and i agreed, my mum received her papers in the post on Monday. Over the last year and a half my dad has been living with his 19 year old gf who he met when she was 18 (please dont say lad ect as others who ive told have as for while i saw him as no better than a paedophile).

Today he tells me that shes 1 month pregnant. I had no idea how to react, not a word or emotion, and still dont, i couldnt even say congratulations. He asked me how i felt obviously seeing this and worrying and well i said i didnt know; he told me that he would be able to see me as much ect and that if i wanted nothing to do with it and was angry that was fine but hed rather i could be as happy as he was and treat it as if it was my own brother or sister not as a step sibling.

I have no idea what to do, i know age shouldnt matter but it does, when its my age ill be 34 its mum will be 36 and its dad will be 62! I think i disapprove but im not sure :/ i feel an urge to space myself from it but also think it would be wrong. I had always thought ti would be his only child and son and feel like i want to be separate from my family in general as i am holding together to halves/people/lives who dont want to be together and i dont want to be involved with.

Any help and/or advice wpuld be massively aprechiated.

thanks

Dave

Ps im sorry if this is the wrong thread but i needed to get this off my chest, straight in my mind and probably shead a few tears.

Snip

:blink:

So your dad traded your mum in for a much younger model, after 10 years good for him. Put yourself in his shoes, tell me you wouldn't do the same if you could...

You sound like a needy kid, you are not the most important person in the world, deal with it.

On a lighter note, perhaps if you are lucky you can have a Dear Deidre style romp with your new step mum :lol:

:blink:

So your dad traded your mum in for a much younger model, after 10 years good for him. Put yourself in his shoes, tell me you wouldn't do the same if you could...

You sound like a needy kid, you are not the most important person in the world, deal with it.

On a lighter note, perhaps if you are lucky you can have a Dear Deidre style romp with your new step mum :lol:

Thanks, not too worried about the dad-mum realationship just wanted to give some background info but yeah some sound advice in there actually. As for the other guy, ill send you a close up of my fist home delivered if you wanna try and be a funny f**ker...

Sorry if I'm being insensitive, but I don't see the issue? Obviously your Dad's lass is a bit young, but meh, they want to be together.

My Dad is 52, and has 1 year old twins with his new missus, who is 35. She's closer to my age than his, but no-one gives a shit. The children are happy and healthy, they're happy and so are the rest of us. By the time they're 21, I'll be 41 and my Dad will probably be dead, but we'll deal with that then. At the moment the age doesn't matter.

Close up of your fist? f**k off child. That's not how we do things on this forum. If you want to be a bolshy teenager with a chip on your shoulder, go and comment on some youtube videos.

• Like 4

Easy there e-hardman, you'll notice I specifically adhered to your request not to call your father a lad or similar.

Anyway, if you want to deliver that fist to Luke Rainbirds Dirty Sex Dungeon, unit 8, chester zoo, CH2 1EU we'll see who it is with the online persona and the bug up their ass ;)

someone's just got themselves 3 tonne of sharp sand ordered to their halls, courtesy of K williams :D .

Edited by Fish-Finger-er

All right all right i was angry and out of line and im sorry but im really not feeling like enjoying humour especially not on this topic. I can see that maybe its myself i need to consider and/or critisise. Meanwhile ill try to lighten up while i cancel my dead cats in sand cocktail i just ordered.

I hope you're aware if this kids a girl it will be called sandy now...

If it's a girl then by the time she's legal I'll be 42 so it might be worth me jotting down some details...

...I jest, don't threaten me with fists and sand and kittens!

• Like 6

I've got the feeling (hope it's wrong) that I'm stuck in the friendzone. And I'm not even sure that I'm in there properly..

Second best would probably be to get out of it going through it, but I have the feeling that it'll take too long.

I always have the feeling that it will take too long and someone else will be faster, especially as it has happened the last 2 times :(

Kinda hate this stuff >.<