Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Just to be sure….she wasn't asking a question was she? As Italians are vague at the best of times and their language can be interpreted in so many ways, heck they don't even know how to use it properly (ever asked an Italian for a translation….they'll always say "umm, well it could be that you're saying, but then if it's in the context of, ah yes, but it's masculine but ends in an E so…..) my reason is for asking is 'Quanto' can also be used to ask "how long", and as we've learned "Cazzo" means dick….

But the mi mandate:

I miss (one of) you = Mi manchi.
I miss (more than one of) you = Mi mancate.

Edited by Matthew62

At the same time it's plural, so she's not saying she's missing cock in general, but in multiple.

No chance she's saying she misses the dicks, as in maybe her friends?

Just to be sure….she wasn't asking a question was she? As Italians are vague at the best of times and their language can be interpreted in so many ways, heck they don't even know how to use it properly (ever asked an Italian for a translation….they'll always say "umm, well it could be that you're saying, but then if it's in the context of, ah yes, but it's masculine but ends in an E so…..) my reason is for asking is 'Quanto' can also be used to ask "how long", and as we've learned "Cazzo" means dick….

But the mi mandate:

I miss = Mi manchi

I'm missing = Mi mancate

Possibly???

Thanks in helping a fella out.

I'm chatting to this Italian bird and she sent me a message in Italian which was meant for someone else.

"Quanto mi mancate cazzo :("

Now, that translates on Google translate to something different than Bing. Are there any Italians or people who speak fluent Italian which could clear that up for me. :)

Babelfish translates to the same as Bing, just for your interest... Either way, you're in.

Well 'Cazzo' is dick, so she's just saying she's really missed it…..

But the mi mandate:

No chance she's saying she misses the dicks, as in maybe her friends?

I miss = Mi manchi

I'm missing = Mi mancate

Possibly???

Thanks in helping a fella out.

Although Cazzo does mean dick, it's also used in the same way that we use 'fuck' as a general expletive (e.g. che cazzo fai? = what the f**k are you doing?). If she genuinely meant to send that message to someone else, there's a possibility she's just saying "fuck, I miss you guys" (take out the cazzo and run it through Google translate and it just gives "How much I miss you"; just to put another spin on it and potentially save you from going in with your love gun blazing when that's not what she meant.

I'd say play it by ear, rather than assuming she's a cazzo-starved Signorina who's DTF. She might well be, but if she's not, it'll save you looking like a cazzo.

Edited by Ben Swales
  • Like 4

Although Cazzo does mean dick, it's also used in the same way that we use 'fuck' as a general expletive (e.g. che cazzo fai? = what the f**k are you doing?). If she genuinely meant to send that message to someone else, there's a possibility she's just saying "fuck, I miss you guys" (take out the cazzo and run it through Google translate and it just gives "How much I miss you"; just to put another spin on it and potentially save you from going in with your love gun blazing when that's not what she meant.

I'd say play it by ear, rather than assuming she's a cazzo-starved Signorina who's DTF. She might well be, but if she's not, it'll save you looking like a cazzo.

That's a good point!

Went to pizza express for food, went back to hers to watch a film, then did super freaky sexy things all night and today haha. Only just got in! I love Tinder

Woke up to 18 missed calls from my uni friends as they knew I was going on this night and thought she'd kidnapped me haha

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1

It amuses me to go back around 10 pages (depending on your posts-per-page shit obviously) and see the drama you (Dan) were having and stressing about The Break and all that jazz, and what's going on now. Like a neat little summary that there's no point stressing about stuff 'cos life will move on and shit will be cool (Y)

• Like 3