Unecessary Violence

THE trials commentator

riding my bike yesterday at some benches at a bus-stop for a good hour or so,then this one guy comes to wait for a bus,and after about 20 minutes he tries to pull me off my bike and threatens to give me a kicking cos my brake squeeks and he has a headache.i wanted to carry on riding,so i nipped home to get an adjustable spanner (you dont take chances in my village...) when i get back,i move to a bench slightly father away so as not to annoy him as much.This didn't matter,he still came over dragged me off my bike and pinned me against a wall,tried to punch me,so i ducked and twatted his knee with the wrench (cleverly concealed in my back pocket),he came at me again,so i told him if he didn't stop i'd hit him again.then he told me i was a stupid little kid....i'm 20!he was only about 30,so..anyways,i said if he asked me to go nicely i would,and that he should have asked nicely in the first place.he just tolf me to f**k off and walked away...what is it with people these days?i wasn't actually doing any harm,so why did he feel the need to be violent straight away?anyone understand?

Carl

This quite often happens to me, i was in town about 3 months ago, on my jump bike, and a old man pinned me up against a wall and hit me, so i headbutted him. He hasnt done it since, and he quite often says hello to me... :P . I taught myself muay thai to deal with violent situations. :-

But violence isnt the best way to deal with things, just say. "take your hands of me or you will get hurt" that way, you have warned them and its there own fault from then on if anything happens. Just avoid the area for a bit, as you dont want to agravate him even more(he may bring a shotgun this time.. :- ). and go back in a week or so, as normal.

From Lee

Ok, after a year of krav maga and a history in tae kwon do, I can firmly state that if that happens, grab his balls and twist them. Twist far enough and he'll pass out from pain and will leave you alone. It's been done to me once and I still have second thoughts when I get in a ring with that guy.

I can also tell you that if he actually touches you in an aggressive way you have the right to hit him, but only until he stops attacking you. (Y)

Edited by div

I can also tell you that if he actually touches you in an aggressive way you have the right to hit him, but only until he stops attacking you. (Y)

Your alowed to use reasonable force to stop him. So if asking him doesn't work, hit him. After a while, if he still goes for you hit him until he stops.

Sounds like he was trying to boost his ego to me.

Your alowed to use reasonable force to stop him. So if asking him doesn't work, hit him. After a while, if he still goes for you hit him until he stops.

Sounds like he was trying to boost his ego to me.

The way I see it is that the first time he pulled me off my bike and gave me abuse he'd probably not have come back for more.

Unnecessary violence, like this bunch of idiots.

Another Reg Reader I see...

As much as it sounds like your standing up for your right to ride... It's NEVER worth putting yourself at risk just to make a point. If he's threatened you with physical violence and actually touched you - I would have moved on. He could have pulled a knife out for all you know - there are some sick twisted people out there and it's not worth risking your life over it.

And if you ran discs, you wouldn't have a squeeky bike :P God damn rim brake noise annoys me.

Yeah you can use "reasonable force"

Depends what you class as reasonable force though

I personally think breaking someones leg is reasonable force

reasonable force is less force than they use.

winning = prison :(

- weapon of choice = something that works from a long way off, like a rifle or a tank

I was threatened by some old guy once. I was riding in down at about 8am, on some benches. And the guy came up to me and said 'are you the village idiot?' and I just laughed, thinking it was a joke.

Then he said 'Are you going to pay for them when you break them?'...I just rolled my eyes and rode off a bit, and he shouted 'don't roll your eyes at me you little shit, I'll knock your block off'...along came the red mist, I turned around and said 'yeah? f**king try it'...

But them some other guy came up up and looked at the old guy like he was going to kill him, so the old guy left. The other guy turned around and said 'you need something to do don't you mate?'

So not everyones bad, I understand why the old guy complained, but theres a right way and a wrong way.

That's a very nasty attitude... Over here there are just so few trials riders that people appreciate the sport much more. When I ride with my friend (who is now 30, had a sidehop world record so he is/was pro) not a single person will attack us, we'll actually get pissed off with people coming up and asking about the sport and bikes (surprisingly the "sir, no saddle" talk has become uncommon). It might be that seeing somebody older - not meaning a 20 y/o - devoted to the sport somewhat illustrates to the public that this isn't a hooligans time killer.

Even the police are also interested in what we do, very rarely do they take action (franky speaking I don't think they ever have in my city). Normally they'll go like: go ride somewhere else because people will think the police doesn't enforce the rules, or they'll just start asking questions about everything they've seen us do.

Just another reason to ride dual disks sir B)

Got hit by some random Chav. Just sitting down talking to my mate then my mate say that guy is giving me an evil. The Chav heard him and started to walk over mouthing off. he then looks at me and says what are you laughing at ( iwasnt laughing to start with) so i replied in a nice manner nothing mate so i turn away next thing i know he wacks me in the chin. So i pretty annoyed off not because he hit me he did it when i wasn't looking stood up to the chav. Me being 6ft 7 (which he didn't realize) he took a massive step back before his mate took him away

true story.