What Is The Best Frame Out Now?

Littleharrys

I know it sounds like the same old topic, my mate has just graduated with a 1st class honours degree in product design. He has worked for DMR and spent a year making and testing bike parts. He is now looking at making a new trials frame.

Can you give me what you think are the best 5 trials frames on the market now!!

Cheers Guys (Y)

it depends what you like, what you want to do with it.

Sounds like a "forum arguement" waiting to happen. someone will say one thing then someone the next. its personal preference what suits and fits your needs the most.

Waynio.........................

:lol::lol:

Funny that (Y)

you missed a couple of good ones out though.

Apollo trials star

Kona Stinky

Waynio.....................

EDIT: on a more serious note, if your 5ft upto 5ft 6/7 a bike with a wheelbase upto 1065/1070 is pretty nice, for natural riding. for a lad over 5ft 8 and above something over 1075/1080 would be good for natural, if your a street ripper owt upto about 1065 (as a 1065 bike will still bunnyhop pretty well and quick.) some 1070 and 1080 bikes will, but its harder to ge front end up with 375mm stays. its all about personal preference though.

what ever bike you ride or choose to ride you have chosen as you like it in one shape way or form. hence why i chose my new bike, it suits me down to the ground pretty much what i have been looking for for ages. you get a feel for what you like or what yo want all you gotta do is research and ask questions. everyones opinion will be different

Edited by Waynio

echo control should definatly be on the list,

the new mbk hass some fancy design features and apparently rides very nicely as does a limey

the new asthon is very popular due to the geo being a good mix of short and long bike geo.

for top end comp frames the XtpR is apparently amazing although tubing is rather thin so easy to dent hence why its a 'comp' frame. anyway thats some sugestions that i would consider the best frames in trials at the moment

thats just SUCH a hard question !!

echo control....great, but VERY boring

koxx XTP, brilliant geometry, BUT horrid CNC lumps and the weakest downtube around.

ECHO PURE !!! ace deisgn, ace geometry and strong.. they are brilliant !! a real good frame !

but steel is still better ! lol iolobikes.com

cant help being biased

iolo.

I find that kots are damn nice to ride. I can't really put an ordet on things but I will throw a few names around any way.

Zoo! Pitbull 04 - rides nice as

Onza t-rex - rides well, strong as fook

Onza limey - I havent had a do on one but people rave about em and they look mint

Ashton justice - rides well and I havent heard of any of the new ones snapping though i may be mistaken

Just a the first few to pop into my head at such a late hour.

I can't believe people are even trying to answer this, it's not even a proper question.

5 best trials frames? honours degrees?

You'd think with an honours he'd at least be able to specify what type of bike, Stock/Mod....

God, now I can't believe I bothered to type that to those who are clearly too far gone..... :D

Spanner in the works:

1) Ashton ET 24

2) My old Leeson Fluid 609

3) Planet-X Zebdi

They're the only 3 frames I think I would ride at the moment, although I haven't tried the UK24 yet, and that inspired frame might be ok if it ever sees the light of day ;)

here's an idea, rather than saying "best frame" say "most popular frame", compile a list of all the frames you can think of mod and stock and do a mahusive poll, most people will vote out of curiosity and you will have your answer :)