The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

It is noticably more put on but to be honnest i don't care its fun to watch you don't watch cartoons and say oh that would never happen there just having fun with cars and doing what we would all love to do lets face it.

It's good but could do with a little less bad acting but most of it i enjoy i just kinnda get caught up and dont really pay attention to the facts it's probeabley/deffo staged.

Long live topgear lol

So what part of the quote is not true there? At no point did I say that 5th Gear and mags are the only other options, just using that as a method to show that Top Gear is purely entertainment these days.

I agree that Top Gear is just entertainment. Clarkson's review of the Lambo was awful at best.

But the way you worded that made it seem as if it's only 5th Gear that do proper reviews on the television .

"if you want "proper" reviews put up with Tiffs voice or read a car magazine."

I agree that Top Gear is just entertainment. Clarkson's review of the Lambo was awful at best.

But the way you worded that made it seem as if it's only 5th Gear that do proper reviews on the television .

"if you want "proper" reviews put up with Tiffs voice or read a car magazine."

Fair enough, I see how it could be taken that I gave the only 2 options rather than 2 of many.

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has prompted nearly 200 people to complain to the BBC about a joke he made on Sunday's motoring show.

Clarkson, 48, was taking part in a lorry-driving task, when he suggested that lorry drivers kill sex workers.

"Change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day," he said.

I thought it was funny...

Thing is, he was making a point about truck driving being harder then he thought, they just took it out of context.

PC has just gone to mental in the eyes of the public, soon it's going to be just like demolition man. :/

to be honest, with the huge rise in the popularity of the internet and motoring based forums, I don't feel there is the need for a show that's soley reviewing new cars like the old style top gear.

Those style of shows are still fun to watch, but the new style show will attract LOADS more viewers.

And lets face it, all us car freaks are STILL going to watch it every week without fail arn't we?

to be honest, with the huge rise in the popularity of the internet and motoring based forums, I don't feel there is the need for a show that's soley reviewing new cars like the old style top gear.

Those style of shows are still fun to watch, but the new style show will attract LOADS more viewers.

And lets face it, all us car freaks are STILL going to watch it every week without fail arn't we?

Yeah, but... it's the quantity of pointless crap I have issues with- as I said before, it was the first programme of the new series and they spent the time fannying around with trucks. I wouldn't of minded so much if they'd raced a new *insert new car here* against a dog sled team and cross country skier in Alaska but to take up 75% of the programme with silly truck games was annoying. They didn't even destroy any caravan's with them. What's the world coming to?!

the first programme of the new series and they spent the time fannying around with trucks.

I liked the idea of HGV's. But they made a complete hash out of it by pretending to be idiots as usual. What the f**k is the point of a car falling out of the trailer and Hammond pretending not to have noticed, what's the point of Clarkson driving a burning truck and pretending not to have noticed? That's just really really stupid. The only slightly amusing part was when they drove through those obstacles. And it was kinda satisfying to see Jeremy really being hurt, and not just pretending. And respect to all of them for doing something potentially dangerous.

Also, the GT2 lap time. Anyone else really annoyed that they didn't say what it was? What's the point of power laps if you're just going to tease people with the lap time and then pretend to be a fool by burning it? I value Jeremy's opinion when it comes to cars, bought an S2000 under his influence and I haven't looked back. But if you're considering buying a car he's testing or which has at least been thrashed around the track by the Stig, you will want to know how fast it is.

It was also quite obvious that the audience wasn't as enthusiastic about what they had lined up either.

Yea, I forgot about that actually, the GT2 laptime pissed me right off, normally hel end up murmering it under his breath or whatever, but to burn it and not say atall was retarded. I actually think the GT2 is a better looking car (especially in that white) than the lambo. And in someways despite being slower it looks more fun to drive than the lambo.

Edited by Tom_

And in someways despite being slower it looks more fun to drive than the lambo.

Yeah but was it slower? That's the thing, I think it was faster and that's why he burned it.

It's like with the Evo and the Impreza, he just didn't want to admit that the car he thought was miles better than the other, was actually slower around the track.

Haha, O yea I forgot it was faster :$

Yea basically with absolutly no test drive to back it up, if I was rich enough Id have the porsche.

if i was rich enough, id have both!! Anyone else find that the stig intro's are getting abit thin now? didnt find these ones funny to be fair....

I pissed myself when they were holding up all the traffic on the bridge, but there were loads of good bits, James going fast, James crashing, setting off the car alarms and Richard taping up the front of his £20+k car to stop the air going in.

That one was way better than last weeks!

His apology was awesome! haha. Them holding up traffic on the bridge, setting the alarms off, and 'not being entertaining'... epic. :D

Muel - The tape wasn't to stop air going in, it was to make the car more aerodynamic. A big hole at the front would cause a lot of drag, despite it actually keeping the engine cool. ;)

Edited by Dan6061

Yeh I knew that, my point was really was really that he's driving a brand new car at bonneville, which apparantly is really hot, and then he tapes up the holes that feed air to the intercooler/radiators?

Pretty stupid thing to do really.