The Top Gear Thread

Smo™

Salt planes, now that's a whole kettle of fish. :shifty:

Fair enough, but I bet a F1 car, lets say the engine and chassis could do 250mph, with modifications to the bodywork, inside of F1 restrictions, but a more straight line speed orientation, which you wouldn't see on the track kind of slippery set up...

I'm clutching at straws, really, any foo' can see the Veyron is mighty fast.

ok i say they race a veyron flat out and a f1 car flat and see who could go the furthest on 1 tank of fuel

i hate the veyron for some reason although i definatly would'nt say no if i was being given one i think i'd spend my money on something else though if i had to buy a car with it

Am i the only one that thought it was pants this week? I mean they had a 2 min long trailer for some film in the middle. I mean come on its a car show.

It seamed to be like 40% padding this week :(

Hate to say it but im not going to bother watching it anymore.. its a bag of wank now.. really lost its touch and now it just seems to try and go for the "ratings". Definitely been taken over by marketing boffins

Salt planes, now that's a whole kettle of fish. :shifty:

Fair enough, but I bet a F1 car, lets say the engine and chassis could do 250mph, with modifications to the bodywork, inside of F1 restrictions, but a more straight line speed orientation, which you wouldn't see on the track kind of slippery set up...

I'm clutching at straws, really, any foo' can see the Veyron is mighty fast.

Top speeds are in practice limited by the longest straight at the track and by the need to balance the car's aerodynamic configuration between high straight line speed (low downforce) and high cornering speed (high downforce) to achieve the fastest lap time [3]. During the 2006 season, the top speeds of Formula 1 cars are a little over 300 km/h (186 mph) at high-downforce tracks such as Albert Park, Australia and Sepang, Malaysia. These speeds are down by some 10 km/h from the 2005 speeds, and 15 km/h from the 2004 speeds, due to the recent performance restrictions (see below). On low-downforce circuits greater top speeds are registered: at Gilles-Villeneuve (Canada) 325 km/h (203 mph), at Indianapolis (USA) 335 km/h (210 mph), and at Monza (Italy) 360 km/h (225 mph). During the V10 era the top recorded speed on track was 372 km/h (232 mph) at Monza in 2005.

Away from the track, the BAR Honda team used a modified BAR 007 car, which they claim complied with FIA Formula One regulations, to set an unofficial speed record of 413 km/h on a one way straight line run on 6 Nov, 2005 during a shakedown ahead of their Bonneville 400 record attempt. The car was optimised for top speed with only enough downforce to prevent it leaving the ground. The car, badged as a Honda following their takeover of BAR at the end of 2005, set an FIA ratified record of 400 km/h on a one way run on 21 July 2006 at Bonneville Salt Flats [4]. On this occasion the car did not fully meet FIA Formula One regulations, as it used a moveable aerodynamic rudder for stability control, breaching article 3.15 of the 2006 Formula One technical regulations which states that any specific part of the car influencing its aerodynamic performance must be rigidly secured [5].

Straws = Gone :P

anyone up for a t.f usa road trip :P

hahaha that would be great, get a few minibuses, plaster them in writing, and you're all set.

Seriously though, what a strange bunch of people, it really does put them in a bad light.

hahaha that would be great, get a few minibuses, plaster them in writing, and you're all set.

Seriously though, what a strange bunch of people, it really does put them in a bad light.

think you could do better than writing, anyone up for dressing up like jesus :shifty: